“Not bad for Quito but small portions”
Review of Bon Ga - CLOSED

Bon Ga
Cuisines: Korean
Golden, Colorado
“Not bad for Quito but small portions”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am Korean, so needless to say, I've eaten a lot of Korean food in my life. I moved to Quito recently and this was the only Korean restaurant I could find on-line.

My girlfriend and I went on a Saturday night around 6:30pm and it was pretty empty, a few other tables. We ordered 2 traditional dishes: bulgogi and galbi. The bulgogi was brought out cooked and the galbi was brought out to be cooked on the table BBQ (like it should be). The meats were good but small in portion compared to most Korean restaurants I've been too. Also, the side dishes, which are always complimentary and is the staple of Korean food, were limited. I am used to having lots of side dishes and they usually refill them as well, for free.

Our dinner for two, two dishes and 2 soft drinks cost $34 + 12% tax ($4) = $38, which is pricey for Quito. It was pretty good but it was pricey, especially for the smaller portions then I'm used to.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank el_cap

Quito
“Suprisingly Good for Quito”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and authenticity of the dishes at Bon Ga on our first trip, and have returned several times. The kimchi pancakes, spicy fish soup, and bi bim bop are our favorites. Their BBQ was somewhat disappointing however, as they don't serve the traditional cuts of meat found at most Korean restaurants. Overall though, Bon Ga is an oasis in the foreign cuisine desert of Quito.

• Visited October 2011