“Quite nice”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Food was not best but it was pretty good. Service was great. What we love about this place is the decoration. We love to go there for lunch on the sunny weekend. This place makes us feel like we are in California and not far from the beach :)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Best ribs
Best wings
Best pies
great service, great ambiance, superb location
Ideal family style restaurant

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Try any pie and the hamburguers! Food is great.
Not cheap, expect to pay around USD 30 x person. On weekends is recommended to make a reservation at least a few hours before visiting, if not, expect to spend at least 60 minutes to get a table.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Overall, I really did Not like my experience at Lucia.

I guess my expectations weren't too high from the moment I entered. The first couple of tables I saw didn't look too inviting. One had a white mantel with a large stain that wasn't well hidden by the large brown paper sheets they place on the tables. The other had a paper sheet that looked dirty, but I couldn't tell because of the color, so it may have been ok.

The welcome was nice; it gave me hope for the restaurant. The service was good in general-well-except for our waitress, but I'll get to that in a second.

The pies looked pretty good. I got excited when I saw the pumpkin pie on the menu, but that didn't last after I saw it. It was not inviting, at all. So, I went for a pecan pie, one of my favorites from when I lived in GA.

Then, we found a table and after a few minutes of trying to all (5 of us) order from one menu, we realized we had to ASK for the menus since the waitress hovering over us didn't think to bring any over to our table on her own accord.
We all ordered, and the waitress WAS nice and patient, if a little slow at times and helped us pick out an option for each of us (which can be a daunting task with a 90 yr old grandma and someone allergic to lactose & gluten) so that was really great. But, it would've stayed great if we all got what we ordered, and in a timely manner. Plus, it would have been great to get correct info about what we were ordering.

First, came the Spinach 'Fondue' with chips. Delicious, and probably the only part of the meal I truly enjoyed, but it needs a new name. Also, the waiters and waitresses should really learn the ingredients of ALL meals. It SHOULD be called the Spinach Cheese Dip. The waitress told us it was JUST spinach with no cheese except for the Parmesan, which could be served on the side. We all incorrectly assumed it was a type of hot fondue mix where you somehow dipped chips with spinach, and sprinkled a little Parmesan on top. Bad assumption, but we all got that impression from the description we got. All good (as I said before, it was tasty) but not everyone could enjoy it due to the dietary restrictions.

Then we got the chilly, OK, but rather small...but you can't expect big for the price it was in that type of restaurant.

We finally got the one main course we'd asked for (grilled chicken with BBQ sauce on the side and a baked potato with steamed broccoli). It seemed ok from what I tried but the BBQ sauce was cold, too spicy for the little taste it had, in addition to the little taste being of pure charcoal.

Then after finishing the 'sweet tea' (orange/mandarin instant mix) my brother ordered the moment we entered the restaurant, I really got annoyed since the one I ordered along with the meals STILL had not arrived.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity the waitress realized we'd expected our pies along with everything (since it was the only dish we ordered because we'd already eaten), and she asked Again, if we wanted them heated. We all said yes, Again, and waited some more.

After asking once AGAIN for our pies, and being told they were warming up still, we waited some more and theenn Fiiinally got the pies...mine not even warm, and with ice cream, which I had not asked for. It was also on a plate COVERED with caramel. I do NOT like caramel, and it should be something you ask if you like, if you are going to DROWN the plate with it. Thankfully I thought quickly and took a clean plate where the chilly had been and I placed my pie slice there. All OK. Except, the pie SUCKED. There were just pecans on the top (none within) and they were the ONLY good part. The crust was pretty tasteless, and it wasn't even compensated by the WAY too sweet filling that felt like pure corn syrup mixed with a dab of starch.

After all this sweetness, I AGAIN, asked for my 'sweet tea' and FINALLY got it. Our waitress may have been nice, but was completely SLOW, to say the least.

I didn't try the pineapple pie, but it looked good (probably the only one that did besides the pecan one) though I did try the apple one, which was nothing special.

Price to food ratio wasn't that good either. If the food were GREAT and the service as well, then I'd be happy. But the food was blah, and the service poor-at least for us. When we got the bill there weren't really any surprises but there was an extra water on there that we never got...since they waitress forgot about it.

Throughout the meal, we all commented about how we enjoyed the ambiance, with good decor, and good music, that is, until they turned it up WAY too much because some more people arrived. We got to the point we had to REALLY speak up to hear each other and HAD to ask for them to turn it down. Thankfully, they did.

I didn't actually try any of the oh-so-wonderful hamburgers, ribs or steaks, but I doubt I'll ever go back to try them. Nothing really made me LOVE the place except for the view of the city, which I have to admit was completely beautiful. But I'd much rather go to a restaurant to enjoy the tastes and good service, than JUST for the view.

Oh, and I really would like to mention that I thought we got super unlucky. Our server seemed like the ONLY one out of all who was slow/forgetful, but considering there were like 8 servers and ONE (ours) attending half of the tables, I can't REALLY blame Just her.

There are definitely other places in Quito/Cumbayá that do a better job with American dishes.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This place is famous for its burgers. Allegedly they have the best burgers in town. Too bad I don't eat ground beef (yes, I'm a bit weird). They're also known for their baby back ribs. It's a fun place, with great service, and good food. But you must meet Never, the best waiter ever haha. With a name like that, I'll always remember Never. You can be sure he'll always remember you. He's great with faces! Always with a smile and ready to help, he really is awesome. I used to go to Lucia when it was at it's old location, which was very steely, industrial kind of vibe. Really modern, simple, fun! They moved to the upscale shopping center, La Esquina in Cumbaya a couple months ago, and I haven't been. Parking can be complicated there, and it's usually oh so crowded.