“Experience in Hostal Villa Cayetano”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quito
Hostal Villa Cayetano
Ranked #93 of 278 Specialty Lodging in Quito
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great place. The price was excellent and the roomwas very clean, the showers and bath clean, good comfortable bed. It's located about 1 block off the main drag in New Town and a very safe area. I actually moved out of another hostel a few blocks away since the bed was like a rock and over to Hostal Cayetano. The owner, Saul Ramirez, is a delight, very hospitable Gentleman. You're welcome to give me a call if you'd like to discuss this place, or Quito in general.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stumbled across this hostel in Quito's Mariscal area. I could not find many reviews on the hostal but it had everything I was looking for - private rooms at a budget price with an onsite restaurant and English speaking staff. I was a solo female traveler and the thought of having to travel out at night alone for meals was a little concerning plus I speak little Spanish. I was very glad I took a chance on Villa Cayetano. It is a budget hostal so don't expect a four star hotel but for $15 a night for a private room with cable, English staff and restaurant, it was well worth the price. The rooms were older but were clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It is owned by an Ecuadorian-Canadian family and all hostal staff could speak English very well. The food was good and they have a bar to get a cheap cerveza without having to go out alone at night. They also had internet access. I would stay here again if I had the chance!

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the reception area looked to be the nicest rooms.