“A great way to see the Galpagos”

Book In Advance
More Info
$3,556.00*
and up
5-Day Galapagos Island Cruise: Western Itinerary...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Ecuador's leading tour operator, with over 64 years experience in travel. We own and operate three boats in the Galapagos Islands as well as one hotel. Our holding group also owns Casa Gangotena in Quito and Mashpi Lodge in the cloudforests northwest of the capital. We are also a regional company with offices in Peru and Colombia.
Reviewed July 1, 2017

I had an excellent time on Isabela II. The whole cruise was high quality, very well organised and left me feeling that I had got everything possible out of the time available – all in all a very rewarding experience.

Many thanks for a wonderful trip, and thanks too to all the people who made it flow smoothly – I certainly advise anyone heading for this part of the world to use Metropolitan’s services in general, and Isabela II in particular.

Date of experience: June 2017
801bernardah, Public Relations Manager at Metropolitan Touring, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Dear Martin,

Thank you very much for your positive review and for recommending Metropolitan Touring to other travellers.

We are very glad to know that you had a rewarding experience on the Galapagos Islands, thank you for choosing us! We hope to see you in the future and welcome you once again!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"blue footed boobies"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Our family of four had a wonderful 6-night Western Itinerary cruise on the La Pinta. From booking (Paulina Garces), to requesting additional cabin housekeeping (Oscar, La Pinta's manager), to the exceptional naturalists (Carlos' team) who comprise the soul of the Galápagos trip, to the dining staff (Luis who serves desserts with a grand graceful flourish and sweet Stalin), etc., everything was very well done. I was particularly impressed by how seriously Carlos considered our comments on his staff of naturalists, even following up afterwards to ensure he understood them. We thoroughly enjoyed the food (Western and Ecuadorian cuisine) served on the La Pinta as well as the company of people from around the world varying in age from 20's and up. The one thing that I was least satisfied about, was the bathroom of our cabin. I hope the La Pinta could update the bathrooms (or at least clean the corrosion on the metal trims) in the near future.

1  Thank MistyAsh
801bernardah, Public Relations Manager at Metropolitan Touring, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at La Pinta Yacht on the Enchanted Islands. We deeply appreciate your kind words and we have shared them with all the staff who will be very proud to know they made your vacation a memorable experience.

We believe that your review is the key to the continuing process of improvement, which is why we have shared your comments with the departments involved.

We look forward to welcome you back anytime! Please do not hesitate to contact us for any information required.

Reviewed June 25, 2017

We had booked a 2 weeks tour (mostly private) through Peru including Lima, Cuscu, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, Colca Canyon and Arequipa through Trailfinder/U.K., who was cooperating with Metropolitan Touring. We only could congratulate them for their excellent choice of METROPOLITAN TOURING! All their organisation worked phantastically. They had excellent tour guides and drivers. They always were punctual, their drivers were driving safely and their tour guides had great knowledge of the Peruvian culture, history and people. They were always helpful (when we were getting sick and needed a doctor, had to change or wanted to change our itinerary on the spot) and we felt perfectly safe with and protected by them at all times. It could not have been done any better! Without their excellent staff and organisation we would have never had such a wonderful Peru experience!

Date of experience: March 2017
801bernardah, Public Relations Manager at Metropolitan Touring, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Dear Johanna,

Thank you very much for your valuable review! For all of us at Metropolitan Touring, it is a large pleasure to hear about our guest experiences and being part of your amazing stay.

We are glad to know that you had such a wonderful Peru experience and appreciate that you highlight our organisation, but above all the warmth and service of our staff, for us the most important is to reach the satisfaction of our guests.

We hope you decide to come back in a new opportunity, we will be happy to see you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Galapagos Islands with La Pinta Yacht. From waking up to classical music and breakfast , to the guided hikes and snorkel trips, to the wonderful food and great company. Not too large, not too small. And of course the animals were delightful. Thank you!

1  Thank Elizabeth A

Dear Elizabeth,

On behalf of Metropolitan Touring, we would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us at La Pinta Yacht. We are glad to know that you spent such a nice vacation in Galapagos and you enjoyed our services.

We look forward to welcome you in a new opportunity, it will be our pleasure to assist you once again.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2017

I am not a sit around and do nothing cruise sort of person and this is not that! something planned every day with advantage of having cruise ship accomadations.The larger vessel and multiple naturalists on board give guests daily choices of activities and a more stable ride. Truly a luxury adventure cruise combination with twice daily panga excursions to shores of various islands for nature walks, snorkeling and other activities. Then return to fine dining staff lead by Austrian chef who let us enjoy a delightful mix of European and South American cuisine. There was something for everyone. Initially I was worried about such a trip as I had knee and back issues but using a cane both on board and for walks helped stabilize me and the walks were leisurely as we stopped frequently to learn about something or snap photos as flora and fauna were of course abundant. Getting in and out of pangas was the most difficult for me ...until I just trusted the people helping us in and out and didn't try to do it on my own. These people are pros. The only thing I could not do was the kayaking but on this larger vessel there were always choices as multiple things offered each day. I wish I could have thanked everyone personally on the ship from dishwashers to those who worked in engine room as I realize all were a part of making this a wonderful once in a lifetime experience, but I have to give special shout out to Veronica, our group naturalist, who was so knowledgeable that she filled my head with new things each day. As small as she was she also was best at helping me in and out of the pangas.....Stronger than Daniel, the head naturalist, and only half his size ;) Go Veronica! Our door is always open for you should you ever want to see our part of the world.

Date of experience: June 2017
801bernardah, Public Relations Manager at Metropolitan Touring, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for choosing our Santa Cruz II expedition vessel and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed having multiple naturalists with different types of activities to choose. The goal of Metropolitan Touring is to continue making a difference and providing top services to our guests.

Thank you for mentioning about the exquisite cuisine offered on board! I’m sure our entire staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!