“La Pinta Galapagos Cruise”

Metropolitan Touring
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Ecuador's leading tour operator, with over 64 years experience in travel. We own and operate three boats in the Galapagos Islands as well as one hotel. Our holding group also owns Casa Gangotena in Quito and Mashpi Lodge in the cloudforests northwest of the capital. We are also a regional company with offices in Peru and Colombia.
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Amazing experience. I did the 5D/4N cruise. Snorkeling was amazing. The naturalists were extremely knowledgable; staff was excellent. Very well organized.

All reviews
"deep water"
in 5 reviews
"giant tortoises"

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We used MT for airport transfers and three day trips from Quito, and the experience was wonderful. Our guide, Andrea, could not have been nicer, more helpful, or more knowledgeable. She made all the difference, and we won't be able to think of Quito without thinking of her. All of our drivers were also great. Overall, I found MT to be quite professional and reliable. Just what you expect.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

From the pick-up to the airport and the following two days exploring Quito we considered ourselves quite lucky to have Monica as our tour guide. Her years of experience in guiding and her love of her country shine through. What we love about travelling is not only seeing all the attractions, but immersing ourselves in the culture and learning as much as we can. Monica helped us to do that and we are extremely grateful.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We spent 4 nights on the M/V Santa Cruise touring 5 islands in the Galapagos. The ship was very comfortable, food was very good and the expedition staff very knowlegeable. Our hikes were strenuous, but for people with walking difficulties the staff accommodated them by taking them on coastal zodiac tours so they could observe the wildlife even though they couldn't do the interior island hikes. We were provided bottled water which was refillable. The ship was very eco conscious due to keeping trash out of the islands. We saw so much wildlife it was amazing as the staff knew where to take us. However, I would not recommend this for any handicapped person since it was difficult to get in and out of the zodiac boats as you climbed down the stairs and at times the seas were rough and you bounced around getting in or out of the boats.

3  Thank Laurie B
See more reviews
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I did the 7 night Western Islands cruise on La Pinta at the beginning of September 2013. We will remember it forever. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Our cabin was every bit as good as a hotel room - it was spacious, with a double bed and floor to ceiling window. There was a safe in the room, and the policy on the ship is not to lock rooms. This was really good - so relaxing not to worry about keys, and no need to carry money etc unless in port. You just felt you were staying with friends. The towel origami was a lovely touch every night!

The food on board was superb and the service was excellent. Soft drinks are free and alcohol surprisingly affordable. Xavier, the Hotel Manager, was an excellent host.

The activities are what you're there for though, and I don't believe that any boat could do them better. There's at least one water activity and one land-based activity every day and if, like us, you do them all, you'll be pretty busy. They're all too good to miss though. Snorkeling was my favourite, but if you don't fancy that, a glass bottom boat also gives a good view of the marine life. We swam with turtles, a (sleeping) shark, sting rays, playful sea lions and fantastic fish. All equipment is provided. Walks on the islands are great fun too. The animals really are as tame as they look on the TV. Everything is really well planned by the ships' naturalists. There were only 17 passengers on our cruise, and we had 2 naturalists, so the groups were nice and small, but I think they add more naturalists if there's more people. We had Ramiro and Pablo and they were fantastic.

I can imagine that some ships may have needed to cancel a trip if they'd sold only 17 out of 48 places, and I'm really impressed and pleased that Metropolitan didn't have to.

All in all, I really felt as if we were on the best ship for our 'holiday of a lifetime'. I can't think of anything that would've made it better.

2  Thank SussexSmithy