“Annoying”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been to la Gloria before and it generally was excellent although a little variable.

An Easter visit to Quito had Good Friday evening planned and booked. At the last minute the booking was cancelled by email the devout management having realized with no doubt surprise that Easter was upon them. Or perhaps they counted the covers for the evening.

Chances of returning on the next visit?

Nil.

There are newer reviews for La Gloria

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food here was very well prepared, properly served, and the service was attentive and polite without being overbearing. However, for such a fancy place, you would expect they would have everything on the menu-they didn't. We had to ask what they did have available, as a number of items were not offered. The desserts are ok, but I am not a big fan of what I consider mostly overly sweet peruvian style desserts. We had a sorbet selection which was quite a nice touch to a great meal.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch at La Gloria a few days after New Year's Eve. I don't know if they were still recovering from the busy holiday season but I wasn't that thrilled with how the restaurant operates. They did not have a cocktail menu, not they have a wine list. They only have two wines they sell by the glass, and if you want to get a bottle you have to get up and go to their "cava". The restaurant was almost empty, but they did not have one appetizer that sounded really well, so we had grilled octopus, which was perfectly cooked (very tender). The jumbo shrimp and the paella were good. They brought the wrong desert but did not charge me for it. The staff was nice, although there were nobody to greed us and the whole dynamic of ordering was weird. I would go again for the food, but maybe I'll take it out.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Peruvian fusion food excellent for seafood? Everything I ate was good the place is very nice Prices a bit high but for the quality ok

1  Thank MARIAMECHE
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Amazing food, good choice of food for all types of taste.
Will be coming back when in town.