“For those with strong stomach”

Los Cebiches De La Ruminahui
Ranked #208 of 1,552 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had a concha ceviche, which is a kind of shellfish entree, very dark colored in appearance with promising flavor if it would be actually prepared with properly checked fresh ingredients. I still remember the rush to the hotel toilet after eating there. Bad mussels!

1  Thank karinavt

Reviewed November 19, 2012

They serve shrimp ceviche on an ashtrey. For that price I can get more shrimp ceviche at any other cevicheria anywhere in Ecuador

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Thanks to our guide Guillermo Valencia, we were introduced to this tasty little place. He told us it was a "fast food chain", which immediately didn't sit well with me as I normally dislike chain restaurants. He helped us order since we speak very little Spanish, and I was pleasantly surprised when the food arrived. I had the Shrimp Ceviche and it was mighty tasty. Service is prompt, the place appears to be clean, and the food is fast and tasty. Note that all they have is seafood, so if you don't like fish, don't bother going. It is in easy walking distance of Hostal la Rabida, if you happen to be staying there. Cost for 3 hungry people was $28.00.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

One of my favorites places to eat seafood in Quito. Try "arroz con camarones" or "camarones apanados", you will love it. If you would like to be close to the local cousine this is the place to do it.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very good food, it´ss self service restaurant, but the quality and flavor is incredibly. All local people recomend it. Remember, there´s a big culture for sea food in this country. You should not visit "marisquerias" late in the afternoon or night, so you will have fresh sea food.