See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 7, 2013

While the hotel itself was pretty good for what you pay in Quito, the bad experience for the airport pick-up really made the impression for this place not great at all.

After all day traveling and exhausted, I was happy to find the driver waiting for me at La Mariscal airport (the new one), but as soon as he greeted me he said the road to Quito is blocked because of a religious parade, so that we need to wait for one hour. I guess I was too naive to believe him. He tried to take me to the walk around airport (there is nothing around there) and took me to a cafe attached to airport, he sat across from me and I realized that he had another guest name on his name card thing! I quickly understood what was going on, HE TRIED TO MAKE ME WAIT 2 FREAKING HOURS UNTIL ANOTHER GUEST ARRIVES! At this point I've already wasted 1 hour and was pretty upset that he lied me with such a childish excuse. I guess I was too tired to realize there was taxis comes and goes from/to airport in that hour that I was waiting! I ditched him and took a yellow taxi ($10 cheaper and faster!). I told one of the owner what happened but no apology or any other comments was made. Next day, the driver was at the hotel during the breakfast, chatting with owners having fun, so I assume he was some type of private driver works with this place. It was obvious that they tried to save money by making me wait.

Room Tip: 1st floor or higher seemed much warmer than the room I stayed in basement level (no heater reaches there)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank beaverdam7
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. On arrival they assigned to me a room I did not like (dark without window to outside) but after I explained my concerns they rapidly assigned an other room with a balcony and added a table and chair as requested. The warm water facilty was working every time. The owner lady managed to get my dirty cloth washed and in general I was happy with the room and service received although she did not explain how every thing is working and the lady never smiled or replied satisfactory to my specific questions. The second day I paid my bill (70 USD) with a 100 dollar note and left for some town walking. On my return I asked her for the change but she told me that she could not change the 100 dollar note and asked me to do it. Since I was tired from the walk I told her that I won`t do this because this implies another a 25 minutes walk to the nearest bank. However she insisted and I suggest to send one of her staff to take care of this task which she rejected.
So, please be prepared and have your payment ready and counted...

The hotel is without any noise protection; you will be aware when people are arriving or conversations are held. The breackfast is simple and cannot be changed. Nobody will ask you how do you like your eggs or whether you want to take a tea instead of a cup of coffee..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Gerald511
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at Casa Valladolid for two separate nights during my stay in Ecuador and had a fantastic experience! The hospitality is brilliant; very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Whilst the value for money was also great. One of my bags was very kindly looked after between my two visits and the hotel is also conveniently located within easy reach of the Mariscal district of Quito. Would definitely stay again if I return to Quito!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank OsmosisJones35
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My flight was three hours late but I was greeted at midnight with a smile and a nice warm bed. It was very comfortable and great for the price. I would stay here again if I am in Quito, the staff are very friendly and lovely!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank michelle h
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice for several nights at a time, and it was wonderful. The staff was super nice and friendly, the free breakfast was great, and that price was unbelievable. The whole place has a really nice atmosphere, and I felt like I was part of their family while I was there. It's in a nice quite neighborhood just a few minutes away from the bustling Mariscal district with all the nightclubs, bars, and such places. I highly recommend Casa Valladolid.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
12  Thank Jeremy M
FelipeCarrascoB, Manager at Hostal Casa Valladolid, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Jeremy

It was a pleasure to have you in out hotel one more time. I will pass the message to our staff and we hope the next time you come to Quito, you give us the opportunity to have you here.

Casa Valladolid