“Hidden Treasure In Old Town Quito”
other travelers have booked this property
Wantara Garden Suites Suite Luna and Sol
private terrace
kitchen
dining table for 3
view into the garden
modern wood burning stove for cool nights
bedroom on first floor
double bed (180 x 190 cm)
convertible in two single beds
two single beds (90x180cm)
comfortable desk
Suite Luna and Suite Sol are  also apt for a family or friends sharing one terrace
mountain view
enjoy the garden
gazebo with barbecue
Suite Luna
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 96 reviews

Reviews from our community

Phil A
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Hidden Treasure In Old Town Quito”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Behind the door on a narrow street you will find this garden oasis in busy Quito. What a gem to stay in this fully equiped apartment with a separate living room, kitchen, and bedroom. Wolfgang and Andi could not be more gracious hosts. They also live in the compound so if you need something or just want to socialize, they are there at your service. When we arrived in the evening, they arranged for a private service to pick us up at the far away Quito airport and we are glad they did. In addition, Wolfgang introduced us to a private guide who showed us extraordinary sites and restaurants around the Quito and outlying areas. It was truly a memorable experience.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Condition and location of the property and of course the hosts
London Ontario Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
cohoqueen...
Vancouver Island, Canada
“a gem of a hideaway in Quito”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

I booked my stay at Wantara for early Nov, but had to delay my trip unexpectedly. Wolfgang was very understanding and fortunately the Mariposa suite was available for my new dates. Right from the first contact with Wolfgang and Andi, they organized everything. They sent a taxi for my airport pickup, and he kindly stopped at the grocery store and helped me shop for my week supply of food. When I arrived at Wantara Suites Wolfgang greeted me as an old friend and proceeded to explain all about Wantara, and gave me very good suggestions for viewing the area. The Mariposa suite was delightful. It is a studio apt, with plenty of space for up to 2 people. The kitchen and bath are fully equipped so you can make your own meals, which is perfect for my style of travel. The property is an amazing garden paradise in the middle of a chaotic city. It is very safe, with a good locking gate system. The location is absolutely perfect, within walking distance to the historical centre and La Ronda. It was nice to come back to Wantara after a hectic day of sight seeing. There is a private outdoor sitting area, or an area where you might share space with other guests, or one evening I enjoyed chatting with Andi and Wolfgang. They are such helpful, delightful hosts, who could not be more helpful. It is obvious they enjoy what they do. Andi has a beautiful garden, which somehow looks out of place...in a good way...in this area of town. Wantara is a perfect spot in Quito and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting this area. I will definitely stay here again if I return to Quito.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the location, the comfortable bed and the wonderful owners
Liked least: the street noise
Traveling group: Solo
beckybear...
Bear River, Canada
“PERFECT BASE FOR EXPLORING QUITO”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Booked an apartment at Wantara based on reviews and we were more than happy with this decision as it more than lived up to other guests opinions. We spent one week in Sol Apartment which was extremely comfortable to return to after a long day exploring the city. When we arrived late evening after a long day of travelling it was nice to find the wood stove alight to warm the apartment. a bottle of cold beer in the fridge and the items left to provide breakfast the next day.. Wolfgang and Andi were at hand to answer any questions we might have but at the same time gave all of their guests their privacy.. We would highly recommend their apartments to anyone looking for a home from home when in Quito.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Liked best: peaceful location in busy city
Fran2433
Sarnia, Canada
“Wonderful one month stay at Wantara”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

We confirm with all the other reviews that describe the location, rooms etc.as excellent and what can we add more.Andi and Wolgang made our stay just great. Here is an example of an caring and excellent hosts . Our plane departed Miami one hour late and new arrival time for Quito was11.00 pm. We could not land in Quito because of the fog and we took the midnight run to Guayaquil.After a three hour delay we landed in Quito at 3.00 am our prearranged pick up met us and took us to Wantara. Andi and Wolfgang welcomed us at this ungodly hour.Our suite had fire place going to take the chill out of the room . They ensured that we had coffee,milk, eggs, cheese , bread for breakfast . What a wonderful meal the next morning.
When we departed Wantara Andi and Wolgang made sure our cab was on time at 5 .00 am loaded our luggage into the cab and wished us a safe trip home.
Thank you Andi and Wolfgang,"Viva Wantara"
Sol and Fran

Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Tori Z
Vista, California, United States
“Can I Move in?”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

I don't even know where to begin describing the perfection that is Wantara. It is an oasis in the middle of a crowded city, a place to find peace and relax when everywhere else around you the streets are crowded. My boyfriend and I stayed here in August and September of 2013. I was traveling alone for the first time until my boyfriend could meet me a day later. Wolfgang arranged transportation from the airport, and it was a huge relief to come out of customs and find Jaime waiting with a smile. He knew everything there was to know about Quito and Ecuador, and I very much enjoyed talking with him about the oil drilling in Yasuni as well as volcanos and things we should do while in Quito. When we arrived at Wantara it was late so i didn't look around much, but the next day I was thrilled to find that Wolfgang and Andi had left a plate of bread and cheese in the fridge so I didn't need to go get breakfast for myself (they also left us a beer, but that wasn't for breakfast). They also stock the kitchen with oil, spices, coffee, and tea. There is a safe in the suite which was big enough for all of cameras, passports, wallets, etc. The Luna suite itself was amazing. I love the look of the adobe and dark wood, it was very charming. Everything is very clean. They offer laundry service here which we used a few times. The garden outside was beautiful and I enjoyed watching the urban birds and the occasional hummingbird throughout our stay. There is a little herb garden, i regularly took a few mint leaves to make cup of tea during my stay. They have a coy and funny little cat who I spent a lot of time with. The set up of the place was great. As other reviewers have mentioned, you can hang out with other travelers or by yourself. We were able to learn and share a lot of information about Quito and what to do from the people we met in the courtyard. Wolfgang and Andi know everything about the city, and we got excellent recommendations on where to get food, how to get around, what to see, what is safe, how to communicate, etc from them. They are very kind people and very willing to sit down to have coffee with you in the morning or just chat about what you've been up to in the city and where you plan to go next. They also do everything they can to make your stay easier for you. For example, the location of Wantara is difficult to find, even for taxi drivers who know the city. Wantara has business cards to take with you with a close in map of the area to show to drivers or help find your way. These saved us quite a few times when we took taxis, and the times that we didn't take the cards with us we ended up doing circles or just getting out and walking.

The location of Wantara is beyond perfect. It is located five minutes walk from La Ronda, where you find the traditional Ecuadorian music, drinks, and nightlife that we came to love. It is ten to 15 minutes walk to Santa Domingo, 20-30 to Plaza Grande, and just two minutes walk from the green trolleybus line. There is market down the street where we got rice and plantains and just up the street we got bread at the panderia.

In short, if I could move into Wantara, I would do it in a breath. The rates were so, so cheap for everything Wantara has to offer. We are looking forward to returning here in the near future. Thank you so much Wolfgang and Andi for your hospitality!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, garden, and spending time chatting with our hosts
Liked least: Nothing. It couldn't have been any better.
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Norbert M
Ottawa, Canada
“Could not ask for a better place...”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We stayed in the "Sol" suite for eight days in August. From the time that we entered the complex we felt as if we were in a different world. The grounds are impeccably manicured and the suite itself leaves nothing to be desired. It is a world within itself. The views from the suite are incredible and the suite is extremely functional and comfortable. The location is great within historic Quito offering many places to see within walking distance. The owners, Andi and Wolfgang, are amiable, helpful and gracious hosts who are there to help and answer any questions and give advice. Truly a great place to stay in Quito. Again, congratulations Andi and Wolfgang on a wonderful place. It was truly appreciated.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was beyond our expectations
Traveling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing