“Magic moments at the glacier”

Gulliver Expeditions
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Avenue of Volcanoes Horseback Riding from Quito
Ranked #12 of 96 Outdoor Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gulliver Expeditions offers a wide range of options of tours in Ecuador for exploring this beautiful country.From guided vehicle tours to extreme outdoor pursuits such as mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking and climbing Cotopaxi, Chimborazo and other peaks in the Avenue of the Volcanoes. Gulliver can even help you with Last Minute tours throughout Ecuador, or reserving a cruises to the Galapagos Islands.Ecuador has much to offer its visitors: very diverse climatic zones spread over a relatively small area easily accessible from Quito, diverse indigenous populations, and impressive historic city centers.Every one of Gulliver's Ecuador tours offers high-quality, personalized service, competitive prices, high standards in safety procedures as well as professional, qualified guides. Gulliver prides itself in flexibility and offering vacations to Ecuador that meet your individual needs, and we hope you will discuss with us any tour options that interest you. Thank you for choosing us, and we wish you an enjoyable tour of Ecuador.
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We enjoyed the trip to Cotopaxi very much. The weather was not that good but still we were able to see the peak for a few minutes. The glacier is really impressive and if you like the nature you will have magic moments there. The walk is not so difficult when you are in good condition but it is necessary to wear high closed shoes. The bike ride down was fun and quite easy. We were very lucky it didn't rain much. It is definitly worth going there.

Stefanie from Switzerland

in 3 reviews
"wood stove"
"bilingual guide"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this agency"
"cotopaxi national park"
"always on time"
"hot springs"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Thank you for booking us the tour, the Amazon was a great experience for me. The tour was good and I think three days was enough for this trip because both of us were a little ill while in the Amazon. The tours were really good and I managed to see a rare eagle, a dolphin and a Cayman. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see an Anaconda but that was due to the weather.
There wasn't any electricity in the evening which was disappointing but as it is the Amazon it made the experience more memorable.

Banos was adventurous, the guide allowed us to alter our plans which was really beneficial because it allowed me to go cycling, zip lining, white water rafting and cannoning. The guide was knowledgable and recommended the tours to suit us and I thank him for doing so. I also liked how he followed us behind when we were cycling in case we got lost or needed help especially because I am not be keenest road cyclist. His presence was very helpful. The hotel you recommended was really colourful and well decorated and the staff looked after us well.

Overall the trips were extremely fun and memorable and I would recommend them to organise trips. Their input is valuable.

1  Thank Jepa147
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Trekking the volcano is amazing, we had a great time and loved the nature and the group we were in but I have to say that the group leader (young Luis) was kind of bad, he couldn't care less about us, if we were tired of the altitude or not and once in the summit, we were only able to stay there for 5/10 minutes; he needs a dose of patience and empathy.
On the other hand we had the other tour guide (old Luis) who was with us only for the volcano part of the tour and we was AMAZING, LOVELY MAN, he helped us all, he was great; the bus was good and the lunch at the hotel was much needed, so all in all it was good in spite of bad Luis. Gulliver: we valued your services, the bus was great and so its driver and specially old Luis, I'd advice to give young Luis coaching, training and help into changing his attitude and he can be a great guide.

3  Thank MaryTravelling2014
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I did Illiniza Norte with Gulliver, which was an amazing experience, they have an excellent personal, gear, and they are all very polite!

2  Thank gui_caye
See more reviews
Reviewed February 11, 2014

For our Cotopaxi climb we choose Gulliver. It was a good decision: very well organized, good guides (William and Jose) that knew what they were doing. Hostelleria Papagayo (same owner) is also highly recommended and a good base for climbing in the area. Transport to the climbing locations, which sometimes is hard to get to and need a good knowledge of local roads, is in good hands with Gulliver. And all this at a reasonable price! We enjoyed our stay in Papagayo, and the walking with the dogs and manager Raoul doing and excellent job making us feel at home. I planned on doing the lower peaks privately and only Cotopaxi with Gulliver, but I am very glad that I booked the 7 day package! Highly recommended. We rented a car in ecuador, but that was a bad decision as taxi's are cheap and you don't have to worry about finding your way.

Steven Jochems, The Netherlands