“Perfect event!!!”
Review of ZAO

ZAO
Ranked #6 of 1,349 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ecuador
“Perfect event!!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I hired Zao for 50 people dinner, it was amazing!!! great and personalized service, everyone made me feel like being at home. Food was superb... and our guests where very happy to be there.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank MariaCue

Quito, Ecuador
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thatastes you can enjoy here are very different. Ask for many dishes if you can so you mix flavors. Food is really great and service was awsome!!

Visited July 2012
Quito, Ecuador
“Cold Fusion”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I went with some coworkers for drinks and a quick bite after work and we were relegated to the side bar sitting on the tiny plastic bean bag looking chairs and a coffee table because we did not have a reservation. We were pretty early, so the place was empty when we arrived and was still rather empty when we left. It was late December 2011, so I'm pretty sure that they had some events planned.
The food was definitely "Asian inspired" than real fusion. The Pad Thai was spicy with some sort of orange sauce with not even a glimmer of the deliciousness of the original. The pisco sour was pretty good, but the yawn worthy food mixed with the bad seating just has left me with no desire to ever go back. Ambience is nice if you get a reservation, and considering the lack of upscale Asian places in Quito, I understand the appeal; but for me, this attempt at fusion felt a bit cold.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank 2chicos1mochila
Dallas, Texas
“Beautiful Ambience, Delicious Food and Great service”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I loved my Asian experience at Zao!! The restaurant is beautiful and alive with very attentive servers and a fantastic Chef, Raphael!

I was treated so well by everyone on the team! The chef prepared a tasting menu for me which I highly recommend!!
I also love the selection of cocktails and it was fun people watching!

I would absolutely come again to this wonderful and exotic yet relaxing place.

• Visited November 2012
Paris, France
“Asian confusion...”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Love the ambiance and the lounge area but the food needs major improvement. The tofu dish for appetizer was nice but dipping sauce was just off. My friend ordered salad but the dressing was way to salty so she can't finish it. My girlfriend ordered pad Thai and the noodle was not cooked and it was way too sweet and again she cannot finish it. I ordered shrimp dish and ate only half of it. My suggestion : chef might wanna travel to Asia and learn how to make Asian food. They don't have to be authentic but they should to be delicious...don't you think?

• Visited November 2012