“Seriously Excellent”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The restaurant is located near the JW Marriott and the Mariscal Foch, so easy to get to but slightly hidden in a medium sized, simple house.

Visiting the restaurant several times, I must say it is simply great! For me there is truly nothing to argue about, that the food is prepared exceptional and it is hard to stop eating. The food was always fresh and perfectly seasoned, especially the steak. All members of the parties, where always 100% satisfied.

The service in the home style decoration restaurant was always very attentive. I had as well the chance to meet the owners, who are extremely kind and humble people. As the owners talk good English, my friends had never a problem to order (I speak as well Spanish).

I can highly recommend this restaurant as the food/experience is outstanding. I am surprised that the place was not always well visited when I have eaten there. I really cannot understand that, then on top of my experience the price is very good.

Go and enjoy!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

After seeing all the excellent reviews for La Casa de mi Abuela, my husband and I decided to give it a whirl. We were not disappointed! One of the best steaks either of us have had (and we are picky). Well seasoned and excellent quality. The portion size is very generous and you simply can't beat the price! We also loved the environment, you truly feel like you're eating in your grandma's house! It's adorable.

I will agree with the other reviews that say that the sides are truly nothing special. But they are no means bad. Our steak came with french fries, baked potatoes, side salads, and 2 sauces for the steak (which we used on our potatoes since the steak didn't need anything).

Overall, an excellent experience. We will definitely be back and would highly recommend it!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have been traveling around Ecuador for the past two weeks and had pretty much given up on finding a nice cut of beef. Most of the beef served is simply not quality meat. So we had stopped ordering beef and mainly ordered fish and chicken.

However, we gave it one more try at La Casa de mi Abuela and were glad we did. We had a flank steak (their specialty) along with a side salad, potatoes and rice, very reasonably priced.

Excellent meal.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've been on a low carb diet for over a year and after being in Ecuador for a while, decided it was time for some beef. Trip advisor had this place rated as the number 5 restaurant in Quito, so I went. I had the solomillo and was really looking forward to a good baked potato and maybe some bread. The beef was quite tasty and perfectly done. But the bread was cold and blah, the baked potato was barely cooked and had black spots along the side and it also came with a scoop of white rice. They really could have easily made this a 4 or 4+ star meal with some warm bread and a nicely cooked potato. They could offer rice or potato but just do them right. It also came with a salad served with the meal with a citrusy dressing that was OK. I was disappointed this wasn't as good as the reviews seemed to say it was.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have been to La Casa de Mi Abuela four times. Each time it gets better, which is a challenge because it is already outstanding. I had maybe the best steak of my life the last time there. Pedro is a magician with the lomo. Add to that the welcoming, friendly, exuberant service of Jenny, the wonderful ambiance in the house, and it is just a great experience altogether. I feel like I am at my family's house. And this time, the quick, attentive service was all the more incredible, because they were also serving a tour group in the back salon. If I hadn't seen the group come in I would have never known because the service was still superb. I look forward to my fifth visit. To me, it is the best restaurant in Quito.