“Just perfect!!!”
Review of Segundo Muelle

Segundo Muelle
Ranked #25 of 1,467 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The Segundo Muelle located in Quicentro is really nice...The hostess was very friendly to greet us, she took us to the table we liked, then the waiter came and advised us to try pisco sour and he was not mistaken we liked it!!! Obviously what I loved the most was the food that is incredibly tasty!!! I invite some friends that came to visit me from the US and they were fascinated! They were very excited with the food, obviously the pisco sour won the big price!!!! and the service was great! the waiter was very helpful!!! He was aware of every detail...
I just can say that I can't wait to get back to Ecuador!!! It's kinda crazy that the Peruvian food is better in Quito than in the same country!!! Woowww....

There are newer reviews for Segundo Muelle

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was in Quito last week and realized htat there was a Segundo Muelle in Quito as well as in Lima...one of my previous reviews. I love to eat local cuisine...but Peruvian food, I cannot pass up (Thai...and all other to be truthful are my weakness....Peruvian food in my true weakness.)
I went to Segundo Muelle during Carnaval, weekday, so there were some people there, about 50% full on a holiday in the early afternoon (2 PM).
I ordered the Pisco Sour while I looked at the menu. I wanted Ceviche and Causas...the same I had ordered in Lima...but this one was more the Segundo Muelle style.
The place is very well kept, upscale for Quito and therefore not cheap.
The attention of the waiter was great. I sat upstairs, the place with fewer people where I thought I would get the best attention and I was right.
The food was fantastic and when it came, I knew I ordered too much. But when I can have a great ceviche, there is no stopping me. The causas were great for dinner and they packed it nicely for me before I left.
I give this chain thumbs up and I now realize that there is one in Spain as well. I hope I will get a chance to try it there as well.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really liked the food served at this restaurant. The service is great. I went to the Quicentro restaurant, which is close to everything. Since it is located in a shopping mall, you can shop before or after eating. The restaurant has a wide variety of ceviches and entrées.

1  Thank Patricia F
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Definitely one of the best restaurants all around in Quito. I admit the last time I ate there with four other people, I got really sick later that night, but no one else did. It might have been a ceviche that did me in, but nobody else suffered.

Most of the dishes here are excellent, prepared well, served hot when hot and cold when they should be cold, the sauces are excellent, the ceviches and fish extremely fresh. It's expensive but worth it.

The desserts tend to be a little on the overly sweet side for my palate, but that may be Peruvian desserts in general. They tend to use a lot of merengue, condensed milk, and other ingredients I find overly rich. The cheesecakes are fair but nothing spectacular. But the food and service in general are excellent-and don't miss the tasty pisco sours.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food was excellent, the place has a nice ambient, the service is quite good but not outstanding, we enjoyed the meal a lot