“Awesome trip, best guide.”
Review of Biking Dutchman

Biking Dutchman
Ranked #2 of 77 Outdoor Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "There’s a reason the South American Andes is spoken about with awe, and the cone of Ecuador’s Cotopaxi volcano is the icing on this mountainous hunk of cake. Scraping the sky at more than 5800 metres above sea level, the stratovolcano is currently snoozing after chucking a tantrum in late 2015, when it spat smoke and ash into the air. Rug up for altitude and thunder down its foothills on a 30-kilometre cycling trip with Biking Dutchman Tours. A back-up vehicle will carry you up high, where you’ll swing onto the saddle of a 21-speed mountain bike and head off-road, winding through ancient lava fields and past wild horses grazing in grassy plains studded with wildflowers. Stop at Incan ruins, enjoy a homemade picnic lunch, and spot the snowy giant reflected on the surface of Limpiopungo Lake... " GET LOST MAGAZINE
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Riga, Latvia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Awesome trip, best guide.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We did the 1 day Cotopaxi tour and had an amazing time.

Bikes were in good condition however didn't have disk brakes on them. Once started riding downhill, chain kept coming off so I had the bike changed and it went smooth from there on.

The guide would stop from time to time and wait for the rest of the people. Our guide Etiel was such an great person to talk to. Very knowledgeable and fun to ride with.

At the end of the trip it started raining and you always had a chance of getting inside the car, however we decided to ride till the end.

If you are looking to do mountainbiking down the volcano - do it with biking dutchmen, worth the extra 5-10$.

1 Thank simongeta
biking-dutchman, Owner at Biking Dutchman, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hello Simon,
We are writing from Biking Dutchman in order to thank you for your very kind review on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed our services, and we hope that in your future travels you’ll consider us again. We continuously try to improve our service, and it is such a great feeling to see that we are going in the right direction.
We will pass by your note to Etiel, who will be very happy.
We are sorry that you had problems with your bike at first but we are pleased to know that your guide found an immediate sollution
It was a pleasure to be of service to you, and we hope we can see you again in the future
Ana Noboa

• Hebrew first
Canyon, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very well operated tour!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Ana,
Thank you so much for the wonderful bike tour that you guys offer! I had an exceptional time riding your high quality mountain bike down Cotopaxi and the surrounding park areas.
My guide was very professional and well informed. He was a delight to ride the afternoon with and is a true asset to your tour company.
He said also that he could give me the names of some resorts in the area to stay at-would you ask him for me?
I will definitely be returning to you for another ride-and bring more United crew members with me!
Thanks again,
Tristan Hancock

Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“1 day trip to Cotopaxi”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

If you're thinking of bike riding down Cotopaxi, use this company! Super professional and safe. Our bikes were in great condition, with top-notch brakes--very important considering you're using your breaks the entire journey. They even had the car follow you down the trail, ensuring you that if you needed a rest , you could easily get back in the car and relax. Once you felt as though you could muster the energy to continue, they stopped the car and got your bike ready for you to ride, great idea!! They also provide you with a delicious lunch. Overall, great experience!!

1 Thank 1Karin1
Boulder, Colorado
“So much fun”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently went on a one-day trip to Otavalo with Biking Dutchmen and it was a blast. It was by far the easiest tour to set up - I simply contacted BD a week in advance and each day they kept me updated on the status of the tour and options available. I'd said I wanted a lot of exercise because I was flying the next day and they slotted in an extra hilly cycle before the main cycling in the Otavalo region. The guide spoke perfect english and was hugely knowledgeable about the history, geography and culture and looked after us well. The bikes were good, and we cycled through villages, on cobble streets looking at fabulous views. The guide helped me negotiate haggling at the market and the food was delicious. If I go back to Ecuador again I'll definitely do another day tour with BD and would recommend it to anyone.

Only one thing: listen to what they say. They suggested long pants and offered bug cream and I took neither. It'll be next summer before I can show my legs again.

Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas
“Don't look any further.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was a great experience with an awesome tour guide. The guide was bilingual and very knowledgable about the history of the area. The food included in the price was perfect and tasty, the tea was magnificent, I highly recommend you take your tour with Biking Dutchman if you want a safe and professional, fun tour. They made a very memorable moment for me. Thanks guys and I hope to see you soon.

Visited September 2012