“Don't look any further.”
Review of Biking Dutchman

Biking Dutchman
Ranked #4 of 87 Outdoor Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "There’s a reason the South American Andes is spoken about with awe, and the cone of Ecuador’s Cotopaxi volcano is the icing on this mountainous hunk of cake. Scraping the sky at more than 5800 metres above sea level, the stratovolcano is currently snoozing after chucking a tantrum in late 2015, when it spat smoke and ash into the air. Rug up for altitude and thunder down its foothills on a 30-kilometre cycling trip with Biking Dutchman Tours. A back-up vehicle will carry you up high, where you’ll swing onto the saddle of a 21-speed mountain bike and head off-road, winding through ancient lava fields and past wild horses grazing in grassy plains studded with wildflowers. Stop at Incan ruins, enjoy a homemade picnic lunch, and spot the snowy giant reflected on the surface of Limpiopungo Lake... " GET LOST MAGAZINE
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was a great experience with an awesome tour guide. The guide was bilingual and very knowledgable about the history of the area. The food included in the price was perfect and tasty, the tea was magnificent, I highly recommend you take your tour with Biking Dutchman if you want a safe and professional, fun tour. They made a very memorable moment for me. Thanks guys and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Me and my cousin did the one day trip to Cotopaxi national park. It was brilliant; the service, security, and kindness. If you plan on doing this, I suggest taking some warm clothing because it can get pretty chilly at 4,500m above sea levels!! Apart from that, the bikes were superb and the guide gave us a geographical and historical lesson regarding the last eruption of Cotopaxi and the Incas that lived near the area. At $45 per person (including transportation, bike rental and lunch) I'd say it's a good price.

1  Thank Adventurer539
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My family & I were on the bike trip to Cotopaxi, guided by Alberto, in August 2012. Shortly after starting the biking part of the trip, I hit some sand and went head over handlebars. I had wounds on my face and hands, as well as what I thought was a sprained wrist, but turned out to be two broken bones in my hand. I was very impressed with how Alberto dealt with my injuries -- very thorough and professional.

The only reason I haven't rated this as 5 out of 5 is that there was less biking for the rest of the family than expected because of road construction in the park. Not the fault of the biking company, but a bit disappointing. The scenery was great, lunch was good, weather was brutal at the top but got better as we descended.

I would definitely recommend this company for bike tours in Ecuador.

1  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I joined another group to do a four day biking tour. Our guide was fantastic and we had a wonderful trip. My only recommendation would be that the company provide a packing list on their website or by e-mail. It can be very cold, and people should be well prepared with gear. Thanks for a great trip!!

1  Thank tds2016
biking-dutchman, Owner at Biking Dutchman, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

We are writing from Biking Dutchman in order to thank you for your very kind review on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed our services, and we hope that in your future travels you’ll consider us again. We continuously try to improve our service, and it is such a great feeling to see that we are going in the right direction.
It was a pleasure to be of service to you, and we hope we can see you again in the future
Ana Noboa

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great views, safe riding, delicious food, good quality bikes. I recommend it! It was VERY VERY cold at the point where we started from on the volcano, but the views were great, and we soon biked down to more agreeable altitudes. Was cool to see wild horses and an Incan archeological site too. Guide was excellent.

2  Thank NickyS78