Hostel Revolution
$615
$315
$119
$104
All reviewshot wateramazing kitchenclean dormsold townkitchen utensilsconstruction workhomey placehome away from homebig lockersexcellent wifibathrooms and showersbunk bedsprivate roomhour receptionroof terracesouth americarelaxing stay
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a great hostel located on the edge of the old town. Its convenient to the public transport and a short walk to the historic centre. There are a couple of chifas nearby and a supermarket, which is open until quite late. The streets around the hostel seemed quite safe after dark, safer than other parts of the old town anyway. I stayed in the hostel much longer than expected as it was really comfortable and the in-house bar was a good way to talk to other travellers. I liked the fact the hostel was sociable but not in-your face party hostel, it was a good balance for me. The terrace is a great place to enjoy the afternoon sun also. The owner was very helpful and really wanted to ensure that your stay was enjoyable. If I go back to Quito I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank callmeshorty
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We arrived quite late in the hostel but Sandra was there to welcome us and we felt immediately at home. We booked two dorm beds for three nights but decided to stay two nights longer because of the location of the hostel is excellent to visit the old city and also because of the vibe in the hostel was really nice. The beds are really comfortable, a very nice plus if you are jetlagged and acclimitising to the altitude of Quito! Every single day the sheets are changed and there is hot water, what else do you need? After four months of travelling is was really comfortable to stay here certainly with the fast wifi so we could organize our trip and Skype with home. It is a very social hostel where everyone is keen to have a conversation with each other. Sandra was amazing and muy simpatica! It is not a party hostel, but it is possible to have a beer together until 22.30 which was nice that afterwards you could sleep in peace. We can only recommend this hostel for sure! Thanks Sandra to make our stay so nice!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed for one night, but wish we could have stayed longer! We had booked a dorm which was lovely and spacious, however as they were not full the owner moved us to our own private room for the same price which was excellent! The owner cooked us stew for dinner and gave great advice about what was best to see and do in Quito. Brilliant stay, thank you

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were very disappointed based on the reviews below. The showers were unusable as only either scalding hot or freezing cold or if you use the electric showers the water cuts off if the kitchen is in use. We stayed for 2 days and the Internet was not working for one of those days. The biggest problem was the bed bug bites which we both have. On the positive side the location is good, we felt secure and there is a good vibe.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonyaEnda
HostelRev, Owner at Hostel Revolution, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Hi thankyou for your review. After 7.5 yrs of operation we have never had complaints of bed bugs. We checked online to see how we could look for them and checked your bed thoroughly but found no evidence. But we took your complaint seriously and for precaution we took apart, cleaned and fumigated your bed and room thoroughly. I think you should seriously consider that the bites on your hands came from another source before judging. Our cleanliness for a hostel is second to none. This can be seen on our reviews going back from opening on other sites.

About the showers, there is some fluctuation of the hot/cold water but it is not unusable as 1000s of people including staff have managed to get a good hot shower. The electric shower certainly does not "cut off" as you claim but there is a small reduction in pressure if there is someone using the kitchen sink.

The internet worked fine both days you were here. Very occasionally we have to reset the wireless router but we need to be informed. You did not inform me so I had no knowledge of lack of wifi.

Comfort of guests and facility access is a priority, We DO care. We will revise the showers- Please bring up problems during your stay so we can resolve them. As a backpacker I appreciate what a backpacker wants and need and have pride in the hostel. I am glad at least you liked the vibe and location, regards, Matt

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Every time we book a Hostal it seems like a throw of the dice. I read reviews, see pictures, and try to get a feel for the place. At Hostel Revolution I felt this truly had the right combination I look for in Hostels. It's situated right on the outskirts of Old Town Quito, which means conveniently for me it's a short walk or cheap bus ride to anywhere in the city I wished to go. The rooms are accommodating and not over priced, a dorm is $9 and privados are $27. Everything was clean and funky, like you know when a place is tidy but has trinkets and stuff hanging everywhere? Just like that. Big selection on DVDs, a bar, a great rooftop terrace and hot showers, I mea. What else could you need?

• Stayed: August 2013