“Clean, well located, cheap.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostal Loro Verde

Hostal Loro Verde
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quito
Hostal Loro Verde
Ranked #95 of 249 Specialty Lodging in Quito
Bonn, Germany
“Clean, well located, cheap.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Located in a quiet sidestreet in the Mariscal area. Fairly comfortable rooms with private bathroom and ample space. Hot water service can be iffy. Still, comes recommended for the excellent location at good prices and good rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Wantage, NJ, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here with my 80-yr old Mom & my brother. We had reserved a triple room w/a private bath which was ready. Very clean and comfortable beds and hot water. The location is great, close to everything, nice, quiet area. We slept very well. We returned about a week later returning from our travels while in Ecuador. This time we did not have a reservation, they gave us a room with four beds but charged us for three beds. Again, very clean and comfortable beds, the staff are very friendly. They had our suitcases waiting for us. They had been delivered by the airline since they did not arrive with us when we arrived in Quito. the suitcases were in a locked room, in perfect condition. I would definitely stay here again! Great price too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stellita2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Good location on a nice tree-lined street. Not much going on at this hostal but it's quiet and clean. Staff are courteous. I prefer a little more personality and interaction when I'm travelling but I was comfortable here.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank rosatrev
Canoa, Ecuador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Hostal Loro Verde at least ten times... The same staff has been here for years and very helpful. Close to the shops, easy taxis late at night and and a safe place to stay. Never travel at night with any valuables... A good ideas in most locations and especially in Quito.

Room Tip: All rooms have private baths, but some are a bit small, but workable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank donatsea43
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I spent one week at Loro Verde. We had a very nice clean room with a private shower and bath and a TV. The room faced the street and was on the second floor. Great location because you can walk to many bars and restaurants in "La Mariscal" area of Quito. Continental or American breakfast are included every morning. There is a commuity PC with Internet access. Front desk arrange for all-day taxi rides at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Rooms facing street are slightly noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank elrey_63
Big Lake, Indiana USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

I spent about a month at Loro Verde while travelling through Ecuador and the Galapagos and enjoyed my stay greatly. The staff were very helpfuly and accomodating. There were multiple occasions where I would return from enjoying Quito's nightlife at 2, 3, or 4 in the morning and the staff would quickly let me into the hostal without any hassle. The two main employees were very friendly and helpful even though I spoke very little Spanish and they spoke no English, they were there to help with my every need be it directions, a taxi, etc.

I never tried the breakfast they offer, but with so many restaruants in the near by area there were too many options to have breakfast at the hostal. The neighborhood is filled with clubs, bars, restaruants, and all other types of tourist traps one could hope for. The area does get quite noisy at night, but with such a convienient location this is to be expected. The area around the hotel is somewhat safe, but there are times that you need to be cautious about your surroudings it is always a good idea to take a taxi back unless you are only a few blocks away. There were times that arriving back in the early hours of the morning that you had the typical homeless or vagrants around, and I can not tell you how many times I was offered marijuana or cocaine when walking through the nieghborhood, but again tourists do attract this type of situation. In all though, I spent a month here and never felt like I was in danger or that it was a dangerous place, so I must say just be aware of your surroundings.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank RyanLytle
Denver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

This hostel won't ruin your trip, though it might not necessarily enhance it. I stayed in a triple with two of my friends. We got in late, and the guy at the front desk was very accommodating. Though one of my friends left after the first night, he let us stay in the triple room and pay the price of a double. This place is secure, you won't have to worry about anybody taking your belongings. You won't want to necessarily spend time here, which you shouldn't be doing anyway when you have lots to do in Quito.

The (optional) breakfast was a joke. I'm not sure if it was even part of the hostel, or just some adjacent co-habitation. The woman who "prepared" the breakfast was rather hostile about getting paid immediately, although she failed to serve us tea, and so we drank the hot water with nothing in it.

I'm not sure if they spoke english.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends