Tripadvisor

3 Reviews
from $71.80
from $38.98
More Info
All reviews street food tour street art foodie tour personalized experience awesome tour these guys great guide free walking tour gems beto politics knowledge neighborhoods tours operator ecuador church
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Can't think of a better way to spend a first evening in Quito than with Ernesto. The time flew by as we and just one other couple explored city views, beverages, and fantastic street food we'd just never have found on our own. As an expected bonus (and one that is truly "up my alley"), Ernesto is a knowledgeable connoisseur of street art, and he introduced us to the many local and international artists that have graced the walls of Quito. He also introduced us to the new and just emerging microdistillery scene in Ecuador and is graciously delivering a couple of bottles to our hotel so we can bring them back home with us. As an ambitious home mixologist, I usually bring a bottle or two home from trips - this is something I would not be able to source in the US, so am super appreciative. Sign up for a leisurely and friendly evening with Ernesto exploring this amazing city - you won't regret it!

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We truly enjoyed our Street Food Tour. Our guide, Ernesto, picked us up from our hotel in old town and showed us a completely different neighborhood of the city. We started with drinks, walked our way down to a crowded (but for a good reason) food stand for meat on a stick, and then to some very local places including a stop where Anthony Bourdain put a stamp of approval on some of Quito's best outside markets. We were entertained with Ernestos knowlege of the city, it's history and politics, and of course, its food. We also were given restaurant suggestions so that we were well prepared for the rest of our trip. This is a 5 star tour that should not be missed.

Reviewed January 4, 2020

This was hands-down my favorite experience during my stay in Ecuador in Galapagos. Due to the holidays, I ended up being the only one signed up for the event on my day, but rather than cancel the tour (as other guides might have done), I had the chance for a 1:1 tour of the city with Albert as my guide. Albert is incredibly knowledgeable about his city and he knows the history as well, but he was able to relay information naturally without it coming across as a stuffy old-school tour.

In terms of the tour itself, we tried the best that Quito has to offer and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and quantity of food. We went to three amazing street food / local food spots and got

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2020

This is a great company offering excellent and interesting tours and the customer service from Ernesto was second to none, who was extremely attentive and caring clearly wanting to make sure everything was perfect for us.

We had booked the street food and drinks tour in Quito but have noticed they offer tours in other South American cities so i will definitely check them out next time we're travelling there.

Reviewed December 30, 2019

I really enjoyed the Street Food Essentials tour with Alberto. As I was traveling alone, without this tour I would not be able to walk around areas where not many tourists are and have local street food. All dishes and drinks I tasted were delicious and I wish I had a bigger stomach to eat more. Alberto was very friendly and taught me not only about street food but also history of the city. I was in Quito for only one day, and I really glad that I joined this tour.

Date of experience: December 2019