“super first experience in Ecuador”

Ventana Bed and Breakfast
and 1 more site!
Ventana Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #140 of 226 Quito B&B and Inns
Norwegen
“super first experience in Ecuador”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We landed about 1.30 am in quito and had to find a place for this first night. Friendly people at the airport helped us to get a room at Ventana and to be picked up of someone from the hotel.

On the next morning vi got aware how nice this resort is and how beautiful view vi had. Vi met Cynthia who drives the place. She speaks perfect english (in contrast to me) and she helped to make this 2 days a very good start in Ecuador.

She also hired a car for us to best conditions so we could explore a lot of the beauties of Ecuador in a 9 days trip.
Detail: We got even help (without knowing it by then) that we had not to pay more for the car hire because of extended mileage. The reason was that the car was not in good condition - something that Ventana-People immediately discovered and reported to the car hiring company -> thats service!

We booked immediate at Ventana for the last 2 days in Ecuador. It felt as to come home when we rang at the door one day before booked.

We enjoyed also the contact to all people who was working there, notably "the mama" of the place. She regretted (as did we), that we could not talk more together, because we speak no spanish.

One evening we booked for dinner. This was a great experience. So good food and so good wine.

Thank you all at Ventana!!! We shall try to come again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I just spent a night at Ventana and the place is located a bit on the outskirts on Quito, 28 mins from the airport. They have 9 suits and 3 more rooms. I got there at 9pm and the kitchen was already closed and the chef gone home so they couldn't prepare any food. Since this was a very last minute booking (a taxi driver suggested the place at the airport, showing me a brochure), they told me that the only room available was a suite at 90 dollars+taxes, while the taxi driver said that they had rooms for 50 dollars.. Negotiating a little bit we got to a price of 75+22% taxes. The room was ok but 2 major problems: no hot water (the ran out of gas) and when it started raining in the morning the water started leacking from the roof in 4 different holes and it soon became a swimming pool even wetting the pillow and bed. When complaining to the front desk they didn't offer a discount and I had to fight to get the price down to 50 dollars, which I still think it is a lot of money for no hot water and rain in the room.................. Definitely not reccomending this..

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank mkdadda
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2013

i was there for 12 days coming and going, i didn't expect for it to be so great when i booked it. I must say i had the best food in the country at Cafe de los cinco, i order the tilapia, most of days and the ventana Salad, breakfast was simple but, delicious, everything was fresh. i got a room with a magnificent view. Ones ot twice i had problems with the hot water in the room, the conections were done backwards they told me. For animal lovers max is a woder and cuka a little devil. I am definitely going back next year. I wish they gave me a job there so i can stay. i loved Ecuador

Room Tip: take a room with a view, you will see what i am talking about
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I will definitely recommend this place to everyone that enjoys nature, good food and to be host by a great family. I went swimming everyday and i felt wonderful, they have spring waters in their pool. The food was some of the best food i had in the entire country, everything was fresh, i have to say it was some of the best food i have ever had and i am a foodie. I am definitely going back next year.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room in the main house, the flores room, amazing views but, judging by what the other...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo