“Amazing ride in the Cotopaxi National Park!”
Review of Ride Andes

Ride Andes
Ranked #23 of 77 Outdoor Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Specialist, since 1996. European owned-operated. One or more days horse riding in the Andean Highlands -we have the BEST quality, well cared for horses. Riding on between Haciendas in the stunning scenery of Cotopaxi National Park, Antisana foothills & Otavalo area (can include Otavalo market visit). Full range of route & accommodation options.We cater for all levels of riding ability (different itinerary options): advanced riders, families, children & mixed groups of riders and 'non' riders. Instruction given if desired. Helmets, half chaps, ponchos, saddlebags provided. Very safety conscious.Volunteer options also available. Sally
Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing ride in the Cotopaxi National Park!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have just got back from 7 weeks in Ecuador, I had an incredible time as it is such a beautiful country. The highlight of my trip was without a doubt my week riding in the Cotopaxi National Park, with Sally and Ride Andes. I did the Cotopaxi Adventure ride high up in the Andes, the scenery was stunning and the terrain so varied. Sally's horses are so well behaved yet forward going, they are fit, healthy, well trained and well fed (unlike a lot of the locally owned horses) and above all an absolute pleasure to ride, making the whole experience a very enjoyable one. I cannot explain in words how beautiful the scenery was. From Cotopaxi to the 'luna like' open plains before it, the Lagoons and surrounding open moorland, it was just fantastic! All the Haciendas we stayed in were very comfortable, had amazing views, great food and most importantly had friendly staff. The week ran smoothly and safely, Sally had thought of everything. We had delicious picnic lunches every day, lovely warm ponchos on each saddle if it was cold or wet and the horses had correctly fitting tack.
Overall it was an amazing week of riding on fit, healthy horses in stunning scenery and great accommodation and I would recommend Ride Andes to everyone of any riding ability with a love of Horses, Scenery and the Great Outdoors.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Emily A
rideandes, Owner at Ride Andes, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for having taken the time to write a review. We work really, really hard to keep the horses healthy and top condition and it is so nice when people remark on this. Sally

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible horse riding with Sally in Ecuador”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We have just been riding with Sally/ride andes in Ecuador and I can not praise her enough. Sally's attention to detail is fantastic and leads to a smooth and safe riding holiday which is so important. We rode with Sally in Uruguay in 2006 and had such a great holiday we decided to go back this year to ride around the Cotopaxi volcano which is near Quito. From the moment Sally collected us from our hotel in Quito to dropping us back she took care of everything and anything we needed she sorted out. Sally has great horses that are extremely well cared for, this is very important and i must say we felt very safe in her hands. We just rode as a private group - myself , my husband and 3 daughter aged 21, 19 & 15. None of us ride at home but coped with the ride very well thanks to well trained horses and Sally's care. The experience of riding around the volcano was very special & my daughters enjoyed Sally's gorgeous picnic lunches in the middle of no where - very delicious. I think what ever level of riding experience you have Sally can talior the ride to suit, it is a very unique way to enjoy a country. We stayed at Hacienda Santa Ana which was beautiful. The fact that we have been twice says it all & I am already lookiing at the ride across the Andes - Chilli/Argentina!

Visited April 2012
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic ride in Uruguay!”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Sally put together a 3-day beginner's level ride for us in Uruguay. The estancia, situated on an incredibly beautiful piece of land, provided comfortable accommodations with a very friendly staff. Sally took a lot of care to make sure our ride was appropriate for our level but also interesting. Sally pays a lot of attention to safety and proper riding techniques. My only regret is that I could not do a longer ride. I highly recommend RideAndes.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Tracey J
Glen Rock, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Can not imagine a better experience in Quito”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We were so thankful to tripadvisor for pointing us in the direction of RideAndes and Sally. We are (very) beginners with horses and were a bit worried that a full day of riding in the Andes would be way over our capabilities. It was an overall amazing experience. We always felt safe. The horses were in excellent condition and we were quickly trained on how to handle them. My 12 year old son who had basically no experience was riding like a cowboy.
In addition, Sally was able to set us up with full day private tour of the city of Quito. I cannot imagine a better way to see the city and the countryside. If in Quito look up Ride Andes you will not be disappointed!

Visited August 2011
6 Thank JerZTravler
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Magical day, beautiful horses, super Sally!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I booked with RideAndes for a one day ride a couple of days ago and had an absolutely wonderful day! Sally, the owner accompanied us on our tour and what a lovely, knowledgeable and open lady!
The moment we arrived at the stables we knew we had a made a great decision as the horses were happy, healthy and well loved. The scenery throughout the day was magnificent, the horses well trained. Sally looked after us every step of the way. Even lunch was delicious, we enjoyed a delightful picnic. I was expecting the usual couple of sandwiches and an apple but Sally had even gone to the trouble of cooking up some delicious roast chicken and beans as part of the yummy spread she laid on.
All in all a perfect day and I would highly recommend to anyone thinking of touring with RideAndes.
Thank you to Sally, her staff and most of all to gorgeous Antares who was an absolute joy to ride!

Visited August 2011