Isla Isabela is a quaint bed-and-breakfast (hostal) for $30/night per person, including complimentary internet on a computer in the lobby and a plated breakfast each morning of eggs, fresh fruit, fresh fruit juices such as tree tomato/papaya/mango, and coffee/tea.
I was impressed with the first-class staff who seem to do everything they can to make you feel at home, like family. The owner greets you with a warm smile as you enter the building protected by security gate. I felt comfortable staying as a single female traveler. The streets in this area are all named after the Galapagos Islands and is mostly residential. And, on Sundays the main thoroughfare closes down for bicycling & fitness activities--Quito is a beautiful place!
The 10 guest rooms are basic with a few nice touches, such as a phone, a closet, a private bathroom, windows that open, and a wall-mounted TV with remote.
The noise of the airplanes flying by was loud during the day, but stopped at night. I hear that the airport is being moved out of the city. It seemed to be a decent location, although a bit out of the way for travelers may prefer to stay in the midst of the action in the Old City or Modern City. But, you're just a $2 cab ride away from anywhere in the city. I will stay here again and recommend this hotel to travelers visiting Quito!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an establishment with more than 19 years of experience. Our goal is to make you feel at home !! We offer the services that you will only find in a hotel. We are located in a safe place, close to banks, parks, C.Comercials, sites of historical interest, access to transport and gastronomic places.We will provide information on all this! Our rooms are some very spacious to accommodate families and others for 1 or 2 people. All have private bathroom- wifi- hot water- cable TV- laundry- garage and facilities in the with the kitchen. We normally only serve under reservations. Our staff is very friendly and we want you to feel good, to talk and talk about our cultures ... Come, meet and enjoy !! Your home in Quito ...Comfort and excellent localization. You will enjoy staying with us. We are looking forward to receiving you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Hostal Isla Isabela reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Isla Isabela Hotel Quito
- Hostal Isla Isabela Quito