$129
$450
$349
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $392/night.

$75
  • Breakfast included
$97
$85
$72
$159
$112
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

All reviewshi expressburger kingnative craftswater pipesbreakfast staffbusiness tripfront desk stafftaxi ridesecurity guardtaxi servicehotel servicewifi accessthe breakfast areawifi worksrestaurants and barsrestaurants within walking distancebusiness district
Reviewed October 29, 2010

This is the most unusual hotel i have stayed at, everyone appears happy to be there and no client issue is unmanageable. I have been there a combined total of three weeks in two visits so far and have had a perfect stays. The difference is the Staff plain and simple, helpful courteous and most important cheerful. The maids, the front desk the bar dude, the morning restaurant staff are all excellant.
From the moment you step off the elevator in the morning your are greeted warmly as though you just walked into your own kitchen, you feel at home. The restaurant staff are delightful, the front desk provides flawless attention to their clients that some five star hotels should be envious of. The maids do a great job, rooms are cleaned to perfection and are very honest. I even called shortly after leaving once to ask if they could pull a cd out of my trash that i had erroneously thrown out and it was retrieved. It would be too easy to say sorry it was gone but service is important to this establishment that is why I will keep coming back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Hungrywatcher
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I lived with a local family for 2 days while studying spanish in quito but the family did not have hot water. So I checked into holiday inn express for a really reasonable rate. I stayed for 3 weeks total and absolutely LOVE this hotel!!! I got altitude sickness while hiking and the hotel called me a very competent doctor within 5 mins. And while whole visit was free of charge--I'm shocked! Anyway, they said the doctors work on call and their service is provided free to travelers if needed. The doctor gave me some medicines and a prescription which the hotel delivered to the room-- FREE OF CHARGE!!! I've never experienced this kind of service before. I'm very thankful to the whole staff. I have stayed at Intercontinentals, Crowne Plazas and HI Express hotels all over Europe and US and never did I experience such great service.

Other plus points that made my stay enjoyable:
Free bottled water
Free breakfast with fresh squeezed juices...I loved morro juice (first tasted in quito!)
The most fabulous gym with all glass on the terrace and the most striking view of all quito...I did not even need to leave the hotel to take great pictures.
Quieter than Mariscal, which i liked. A cab to Mariscal costs $1 and is a 3 minute ride.
Hotel shuttle picked me up from airport and dropped me off for free.
CLEAN, CLEAN, SPOTLESSLY CLEAN. The shower, the rooms, the carpet, the lobby is so clean, one can walk around in white socks and probably have them turn out whiter at the end of the day.

Close to Ricon Rondo Restaurant, the best and oldest ecuadorian food joint in the city.

Downside:
If you want to step out and be at a club, this is not the best location. But they a good 24 hours restaurant next door which serves asian/american fare.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank cutestme
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Very friendly - contacted them ahead of time and they arranged for a driver to come and pick me up when I arrived at 11 pm. Very attractive hotel with nice hot shower - I came to appreciate that after 2 weeks in Ecuador. However, the walls are so incredibly thin that I could clearly hear the conversation in the room next door.
Expensive - around $100 - which was well in excess of anything else that I paid during my stay in Ecuador. Since I was only there about 5 hours, it made for a pretty expensive night.
It was convenient, but maybe not worth the price.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Barb_C_Cdn_in_TX
Reviewed March 5, 2010

They looked after me perfectly during my first days in South America. Very new, quite luxurious, and rather expensive.

The location is OK (and quiet at night), but it is not in an area for walking so it is a taxi ride to everywhere. (The area seemed to be safe enough but just not near the sights.)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I have never written a review before but I was so impressed with this hotel I had to say something! Our family stayed here before flying over to the Galapagos. We did not know what to expect staying at the holiday inn near the airport in Quito. This hotel was the nicest holiday inn express I have ever seen. The lobby is beautiful and contains a wonderful room to hang out in or use the internet for free. The staff was extremely helpful and arranged reservations, taxi rides, and shuttles for us. The breakfast in the morning was delicious! It consisted of local fruits, cheese, breads, and a variety of other food. The hotel is close to multiple restaurants and we walked to the local market. The workout facility is on the 12th floor and has beautiful views. They also have an outdoor area on the 12th floor so you can look out at the city. The rooms were great. Very comfy beds and sound proof windows. The bathroom was amazing and the shower was so relaxing. We were able to find multiple english speaking channels and even watched our favorite football team. The hotel is also very eco-friendly which I really appreciate. You can't hear the planes coming into and out of the airport. However, it is less than a $5 taxi ride to get from the airport to the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family