“The food is good, but don't forget the canelazo!”

Can Ferran Restaurante
Ranked #381 of 1,793 Restaurants in Quito
Description: Restaurant located in one of the most traditional places of Quito - La Ronda You can enjoy a family atmosphere and enjoy a delicious and varied gastronomic offer.
Reviewed July 10, 2018

There are many restaurants in the La Ronda area in Quito and it is hard to distinguish one from another. We rather randomly went into this one and was not disappointed. It is not fancy, but the food is tasty (I had the seafood plate which was good). Of course, you have to order a canelazo (La Ronda is THE PLACE to get canelazo in Quito). Actually I can't really tell the difference in the canelazos from different restaurants -- the juice and cinnamon flavors overpower everything (but I like it), so I cannot say the one from this place is better or worse than the others, but it is a tad cheaper than the other restaurants.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Came here with my 10 and 14 yr old both liked the chicken skewers and burger and hand cut fries. Empanadas were good and the bubbling shrimp in a pot with white wine-garlic sauce was delish - served with toast or rice. Very friendly staff!!

Reviewed March 11, 2018

We ate here (in La Ronda) twice while in Quito. Very good food prepared very simply and authentically at a great price. Service staff was so friendly. Small place but we did not have to wait to be seated.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

This is a small restaurant on la Ronda, open on sundays when many eateries are closed. The food, while varied, includes a number of seafood specialties. The ambiance is pleasant, with a huge photograph of a dramatically lit cobbled plaza at one end. We started with cheese empanadas - huge puffy concoctions different from what we have had elsewhere in South America, but interesting, flaky and tasty. For mains, I had the shrimps in wine sauce, and my partner had the prawn salad. Both were very good, and my shrimps were perfectly cooked (not overdone). Red or white wine are available by the half litre carafe for $10 ( a very fair price). We had the white, and it was a good choice. Much more wine is available by the bottle. Service was good. We expect to visit again.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Can Ferran - Local Ecuadorian food hidden at Calle De La Ronda

Excellent food and service! Quiet little restaurant with good local food. I definitely recommend for economical local food. I had the pork and rice dish - excellent!