Review Highlights
Exciting Riding in an Extraordinary Geography

My wife and I have enjoyed riding holidays in England, Hungary, Mexico, and the western US, and our... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
PetraS669
Pensacola, Florida
Once in a lifetime private ride

Hard to say anything that hasn’t been covered by the previous reviews but I still need to say it. I... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
ElenafromAustralia
Sydney
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Quito
from $13.05
from $30.00
from $54.00
from $60.00
More Info
All reviews pululahua crater horseback riding day trip well trained horses advanced riders natural beauty great company hour ride views are spectacular two hours canter astrid saddle scenery trail novice albrecht
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

I was only in Quito for 2 days and was so thrilled to spend one of my days with the Green Horse Ranch! I have spent a lot of time in Ecuador over the past few years, and this was one of my all-time favorite excursions there.

Astrid & Matilde were wonderful, caring, experienced guides and the other rider was great company as well! My horse, Gimli, was a dream. The landscape was unique. Logistics such as communication, pick-up, transportation, and lunch were all excellent as well.

Even if your time in Ecuador is limited, I would definitely recommend spending time at the Green Horse Ranch.

Date of experience: August 2019
Greenhorseranch, Propietario at Green Horse Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

Thank you Kitty! Hope you had a safe trip home! Best wishes for you, Astrid and the team.

Reviewed July 20, 2019

My wife and I had wonderful experience riding with Astrid in the Pululahua Crater. The horses were great and the natural beauty of the Andes is unparalleled.

We started the day with a timely pickup in Quito and about a one hour drive to the Green Horse ranch. We were greeted by Astrid upon arrival at he ranch. We were quickly outfitted with horses that fit our riding skill levels and off we went for a 4 hour ride in the countryside. The day was mostly sunny with an afternoon mist covering the area in the afternoon. A light Jacket was sufficient for warmth and keep us dry in the mist.

Astrid kept a careful track of both of us during the ride. I was glad to see that we were permitted to able on occasion canter the horses.

The trip was special and we have no hesitation recommending this experience for beginner as well as advanced riders. Thank you for your hospitality.

The

Date of experience: July 2019
Greenhorseranch, Propietario at Green Horse Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Thanks so much for the feed-back, Jeff and Catherine!

Reviewed February 25, 2019

Being a keen horserider at home in England, I insisted we went riding in Ecuador and I was overwhelmed with the wonderful experience we had at Green Horse Ranch with Astrid. She was incredibly helpful in corresponding in advance, as my partner not only had never ridden but was also very nervous. She reassured me that we would both be catered for on the ride and took great care of him throughout while I got to have the occasional canter on ahead on my lovely little horse. The trail itself was stunning and gave a wonderful insight into life within the caldera and Astrid was very informative regarding the history and the wildlife. Thank you also for providing a vegetarian and gluten free cooked lunch! We really appreciated the effort that was made to make our day just perfect. It was by far our favourite experience in Ecuador and I wish we could have stayed longer. My partner thoroughly enjoyed his first time out riding and genuinely couldn't express enough how happy he was that he went along with me. We would both definitely go back given the opportunity! If choosing between different horseriding places, I would 100% recommend here.

Date of experience: February 2019
Greenhorseranch, Propietario at Green Horse Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2019

So glad to hear both of you enjoyed your ride in the crater! Especially brave Will, who dared to come and undertake this adventure inspite of having had trouble to find sleep the night before. It was fun to have you here! Thank you so much, dear Rozel, for taking the time for writing such a detailed review. All the best from the ranch!

Reviewed February 17, 2019

We go to Quito every year and always bring our friends riding to the Green Horse Ranch in the Pululahua crater. The views are spectacular and Astrid and her crew will set you up with the right horse for your ability. The trip can be arranged for all skill levels from novice to expert. Everything one needs is included. This is an all day trip but the experience will last forever. Highly recommended and easy communication. JT

Green Hotse Ranch

Date of experience: February 2019
Greenhorseranch, Propietario at Green Horse Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Thanks so much for visiting again, John, and for your kind review. We look forward seeing you and new friends next year... Remind me then to choose a different riding route. Have you been to the pyramids already?
Best, Astrid

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

After spending a few days in the hustle and bustle of Quito, the Green Horse Ranch was the perfect place to experience the Ecuadorian country side flanked by the Andes. Firstly, the landscape is beautiful, starting with the drive down the mountain. The horses were well behaved, although I don't have much experience being a 'vaquero'. Overall, the ride itself was very enjoyable. The weather was wonderful and our guides, Boris and Andrea, were a highlight of the trip. They made us feel very comfortable and at ease, which was nice seeing how unfamiliar we were with horseback riding. If we ever go back to Ecuador, we would love to do a longer trip. Thanks Astrid, Ov, Boris and Andrea for making this such a memorable experience.

Date of experience: October 2018
Greenhorseranch, Propietario at Green Horse Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2018

Thank you so much for your opinion, Jeff! And special thanks for reminding us again about our "treasure" :-)