“Fabulous views”
Review of Green Horse Ranch

Green Horse Ranch
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great day with spectacular views from the crater floor. Horses were well trained and a very good lunch included. Staff were great!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Drop dead gorgeous scenery. Professionally guided with happy horses. Delicious local lunch included. One of only two inhabited volcanic craters in the world. Reminded me of Hawaii.

1  Thank Carole N
Greenhorseranch, Propietario at Green Horse Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

My first try to thank all of our commentators! Am certainly not as good in computers as in horse-back riding!
Thank you all who have taken the time and the effort to sit down after the holiday and write notes and recommendations, and of course the helpful critiques. This is not evident at all and helps us small and "remote" operators enormously. Most of all, it makes all of us, who we are working at the ranch, happy to hear you enjoyed your ride with us!
In this case, special thanks to you, Carole, and of course we hope to see you again soon at the ranch!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've only been on a horse twice in my life, and I'm not sure why I wanted to do this day trip, but I did it and have no regrets! It was a lot of fun. Astrid paired me with a horse that was fairly 'relaxed' and I wasn't nervous at all. My husband and I were the only 2 people that booked for the day, so we got lots of attention and felt very comfortable. The area is beautiful and it was great to get out of Quito for a day and see the countryside in a different way. I'd highly recommend it.

1  Thank SBJEinToronto
Greenhorseranch, Propietario at Green Horse Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thank you so much, Susan, great you enjoyed your ride with us! Sunny Equator-greetings to Canada! Astrid

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Amazing three, full days on horseback with Astrid. Great care taken in assessing skills of rider to make sure horse is right. Superb planned route through the Cloud Forrest on tracks seldom used - with coffee beans and orchids growing, dripping with velvet ferns, stunning scenery and views. Hacienda where the overnight stays were was excellent - great food. All in all a great experience to remember for life. Such friendly and helpful staff at the ranch - Astrid was great!

Highly recommend.

Dear Liz, now that I finally found out how to reply to comments on Tripadvisor, I want to complement my e-mail by saying "thank you" in this place as well. - Reading your description makes me realize again, how lucky I am to do what I'm doing. Enjoying these admireable horses and amazing scenery all the time. And most of all meeting such great, interesting, inspiring people like yourself from all over world. Really greatful! Thanks again.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I took a full-day trip today with Astrid, a volunteer, and another tourist. Amazing day. Astrid gave great care to giving us the horses appropriate for our levels, and she also showed us all the basics of riding -- how to trot, how to canter, how to sit normally. Meanwhile, we were descending through some of the most breathtaking, verdant landscape I've ever seen, passing through the clouds along mountain ridges, down through the farmlands on dirt roads and narrow paths. Excellent lunches, attention to the flora and fauna around us, even a glimpse of pre-Columbian civilization. We realized too late that they also do multi-day trips, and if we had time we definitely would do more than a daytrip.