“Outstanding food AND great service!”

Pavarotti Cucina Mediterranea
Ranked #126 of 1,642 Restaurants in Quito
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pavarotti Cucina Mediterranea in Quito is a reflection of the highest quality, freshness and service in Italian and Mediterranean cuisine.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I have eaten here probably a dozen times and have never been disappointed. My favorite dish is the panzerotti, but the veal anglotti, gnocchi, chicken parmesan, and crab dishes are also outstanding. As an added bonus, the wait staff is attentive as well! This restaurant is a two-minute, well-lit walk from the Swissotel and is a far better value than the hotel restaurants, so if you're staying at the Swiss you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

try here the penne al gorgonzolla, fantastic! This is one of the best Italian places in Ecuador and South America.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Friendly welcome and obviously a nice place with linen table clothes etc.

Both white wines by the glass were excellent especially the Sauvigon Blanc. We got a massive plate of breads which would have fed one of us, very tasty with olive oil and balsamic.

Fish and beef carpaccios were both nicely balanced and devoured. We shared a main course of langoustine pasta to leave room for desserts. Delicious but heavy on crab, not that we minded.

Dessert was a top crepes suzette and followed by a smallish Tiramisu as we must have had a sugar craving on!

Christian the chef/owner came over to say hello which is always appreciated

Definitely recommend and we will probably be back in the next few weeks.

Only downside was right at the end when we were given the bill and told service was not included. I queried it as the bill showed 10% already added?!? The waiter didn't return, shame as I was going to leave a bit extra as they had been lovely.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was part of a small group who enjoyed an excellent dinner this week at Pavarotti's Ristorante. The staff were friendly and attentive and the food was of a very high standard. We all chose Italian cuisine with an Equadorian twist and we weren't disappointed. Window tables also have a bit of a view of the street below, which at night adds a little something.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Food was not terrible, but not good. Two of us ordered the most expensive cut of steak which was too tough to eat much of. The only meal at our table which seemed okay was fish. Upon receiving the check and paying, one of the waiters told us that we needed to leave money as a tip for the waiters. When we challenged this and reminded him that we paid the 12% service on our check, he told us only the chefs got that money. We ended up leaving more money so that he wouldn't ruin our evening , on the way out however, the manager confirmed that yes, the service charge was for the waiters. I'm not going back again, but watch out for this practice which is not typical for Quito restaurants.

Pavarottiristorante, Gerente at Pavarotti Cucina Mediterranea, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Mrs W,

my name is Christian Walther. I´m the manager and chef from Pavarotti.
I really want to apologize for your inconvenient with the steak and one of our waiters.
Since i was on a business trip out of the city, i couldnt take care of you personaly.
It is true that the steak is not our regular Quality, i just confirmed that today and gave it back to the supplier. It was a mistake from my Sous chef to even accept and serve it in the restaurant.
Regarding your complain about the service charge, i´m very sorry for the misunderstanding.
The service 10% service charge is a salary compensation for everybody working in ther restaurant, drivers, cashier, cooks, accountants, etc. This is because the minimun income scale in the tourism branch is much lower than in almost every other business.
A gratuity is NOT obligatory. As probably all over the world, you would leave an extra voluntary tip, only if you consider you had great service.
As far as i exactly know which of my waiters told you bad, i already took care of it.
Please give me the oportunity to rectify our mistakes visiting us again.
I will compensate your bad experience and will take care personaly of you!
Best regards,