“Bricciola Cumbaya Lets Its Standards Down”
Review of La Briciola

La Briciola
Ranked #34 of 1,615 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I wanted to say lets its hair down, but it didn't, unfortunately.

We revisited La Bricciola Cumbaya after a nearly year long hiatus, hoping that maybe the food would have improved.

We should up early Sunday evening, expecting full service. Well, they told us they were breaking down the kitchen and there were only pizzas.

What choice did we have but pizza. We ordered two pies, a pepperoni for the kids and prosciutto and arugula for the adults. Both were fine, but it seemed that maybe the pizza oven had not been burning hot enough as the dough was soft, not crispy as usual. They were piled high with a lot of cheese and too little sauce. Not what I usually expect of the Bricciola.

Some friends came in as we were just finishing up, and for some reason the kitchen was back in operation, and they were served whatever was on the menu. What kind of service is this?

Not rushing back.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was taken here for a belated birthday celebration by some local friends.
It was a rainy monday night and chances were the get together was gonna be a quiet one. I was pleasantly surprized when I got there because even though it was indeed slow, they made us feel cozy and very welcome.
The decor is very simple, too simple maybe? But they have focused on having a variety of options for everyone in the menú.
The dishes are tasty and fair sized, flavor was good (very low salt) and sauces were classic choices well recreated.
Wine prices were right on with Quito standards.
The complementary birthday tiramisu & after dinner sambucca and amaretto we were surprized with were a really great touch.
In general experience was great, quality was good and prices were fair so I would go back anytime if looking for casual Italian.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had the best pasta ever, they can change the recipe with some other ingredients that I preferred. Also they served great wine and has a good ambience

Reviewed January 20, 2013

After going to La Briciola in Cumbaya for years, we stopped going last year after the chef changed, we got sick, and the food had definitely declined.

Today we visited for the first time Briciola Quito. The pastas were all good and the portions good sized, and the flavors were on the spot-not like they were in Cumbaya after the mentioned changes. Something definitely tasted off the last time we visited there.

I had swordfish today. I always knew that their main dishes that were not pasta never really impressed me. I wasn't that impressed today either. The food was good but not great. But all the pasta dishes were excellent, which almost all our other family members ordered and left their plates clean. So for an excellent meal, stick to the past. For main dishes with fish, meat or chicken, they just don't stand out as much as the pastas.

Also, I never order dessert here. The couple of times we did, it was always a disappointment so don't bother.

Service is always attentive and prompt without being overbearing, great place for a large family meal or a quiet dinner.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

the food and the service was absolutely amazing. This is the best service we got during a whole month in ecuador. it is also one of the best italian meal i ever had and me and my husband are quite picky.... most italian restaurant in canada are not that good... price are reasonnable ( 12 $ ) for a shrimps pasta plate and 26$ for a very good bottle of wine.. to us this restaurant is one of the best in quito and u must try it...

1  Thank 980marieeveT