“Fried Bananas is great”

Fried Bananas Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 1,579 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Ecuadorean, Healthy, Grill, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fried Bananas is a cozy restaurant with a casual and relaxed atmosphere, right next to the main tourist plaza in La Mariscal. Our prices are much lower than one would expect given the quality of the food and service. We feature a variety of seafood, Ecuadorian specialties, grilled dishes, pasta, salads, vegetarian delights and more; all creatively prepared and as fresh as can be.You will want to be sure to save room for one of our signature desserts.I suggest checking out our website where you can browse the menu, read reviews and get more information about us.HOURS OF OPERATION: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 12:30-20:30 SATURDAY 12:30 16:30
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've eaten there on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed. Great service, wonderful atmosphere, delicious food. Five stars for sure!

7  Thank ktynes

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Wasn't hard to find, just look at the map in the photos..... Not google maps. I had the spaghetti and if there weren't decent people around I would have licked the bowl. Service was great too, I saw a few complaints but we had no issues. The bananas desert reminded me of bread pudding so if you like that you'll love their dessert. My boyfriend had ordered the pizza for his dinner and after a bite of my spaghetti, ordered his own. It comes with chicken or shrimp but doesn't need either one, its the sauce that is so yummy.

8  Thank bobbie0475
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We found Fried Bananas on Trip Advisor and have just returned from a delicious meal:) As we are both vegetarian, we had the avocado soup to start, then the vegetables with rice, Ecuadorian style. Other reviewers are correct, it is a little hard to find, but well worth the effort. The service is efficient and the atmosphere one of a family run restaurant.

7  Thank april f
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Ate at Fried Bananas on a Monday night around 8pm. No wait they got us right in. I was tired of the expensive restaurants and mediocre food in the Mariscal District and went to trip advisor to find this gem. The decor and ambiance feels strange, it's really quiet and decorated like grandmas house. But push on through - the food is worth it and the best we've had in Quito so far for the money. We had the pizza reclette which was great. My husband and mother in-law each had a T-bone steak and I had the trout. It was very fresh - I had sworn off fish in Chile and Argentina, but this was worth it. I recommend the fried yucca too. And all of it very affordable. Nothing on the menu was more than $7 except a bottle of wine for $20.

5  Thank Carmen R
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Based on the other reviews we really wanted to try this place. We got in to Quito too late to try it on Sunday because they close early. They were also closed on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday the website said they open at 12:00. They were still not open at 12:20. In the end it is way too much work to try and get there when they are opened.

1  Thank Jennifer K