“Tasty veggie lunch”

El Maple
Ranked #91 of 1,350 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
London
“Tasty veggie lunch”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Been twice for lunch - they offer a 3 or 4-course lunch (+ juice) for around $6. It is not gourmet food, but tasty and filling enough for the money.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Rude wait staff and plain food.”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We turned up at El Maple at about 230 for a late lunch last week. After politely asking for menus and a table for two we were rudely ignored every time a waiter walked past us.
The service was terrible and unfortunately the food was not much better. Meal of the day with soup,flavourless tortillas, juice and dry cake for $5.90- the worst set meal we've had in SA in 3 months.

Was very much looking forward to trying this veg restaurant out thanks to TA, however I was extremely disappointed. Don't bother unless you like being completely ignored but staff.

1 Thank JessBeavon
Cairns, Australia
“Terrible - steer clear !”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Well this was nothing short of awful. The service here is amongst the worse service I have ever witnessed. We arrived to the place packed (bewilders me why) and the girl looked at us and rushed off. I went and approached her again, and again she shrugged me off. So we just found a seat. We waited. We waited. We waited some more. No one even acknowledged us. So we went and moved tables closer to the action and I asked again for a menu which we received. The service was cold, rude, unfriendly and so so slow.

We had missing cutlery, we had our fresh juice after the dessert. It was horrible. For $5.50 we had a warm (ish) potato bake, which was the best part of the meal. Next was a cold soup, it was bland and lacked flavour. Then we moved onto the main a burrito with a lovely avocado sauce but stuffed with a light grey sauce (I'm not sure what it was - I don't know if I want to know!). The dessert, a bland butter cake with sugar sauce on it was inedible. Finally, our drink arrived - just in time for me to get the bill! Definitely do not come here!

Jerusalem, Israel
“Best vegetarian place in Ecuador!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate the Manu del dia and were very satisfied! All the food was delicious! We had a quinoa soup, amazing eggplant(!) whole rice, a soy stew and melon juice, and everything was perfect! The service was good and fast, and all of this good for just 5.90 each!! If you're in Quito, don't miss this place!

Lansing, NC
“Go Veg!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

El Maple is a vegetarian restaurant. The service was ok, the soup was tasteless. The nachos were good, but cold. The prices were reasonable.

Visited March 2014