“Visiting”

Cafe Mosaico
Ranked #65 of 1,551 Restaurants in Quito
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: By far the greatest view of Quito, with excellent menu offerings and the best coffee in town. A must visit for locals and foreigners alike to enjoy coffee or a full meal while witnessing Quito in its fairest light.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

So much food! Needed a bit of spice or something. Location is excellent, music is great. I was full and content when done with the meal!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I would go here just for the view, but the food is good also. You can choose from heavy meat dishes all the way to light salads. The salads are fresh and tasty. You can choose small plates to share and the selection is good. The only drawback is that during busy times they don't seem to have a system for seating parties on the terrace (with the view) so be on your toes to not let others push in front of you for a table when it is your turn to be seated. Personally I like the view at night, but bring a sweater or jacket because it can be cool out there. I see others have not liked the food, but our salads and other dishes were fresh and tasty.

If it's your first time map out your drive - even our taxi driver had a hard time finding it. And it helps to know some Spanish - English was not spoken by any of the staff when we dined there.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I visited the cafe at night. The view is beautiful but the service and food are not good.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

First of all, the view of Quito is spectacular and the setting on the outdoor deck is grand. But, the service was so bad that we actually grew tired of the view. An hour and a half after being seated, with no silverware on the table, the waiter finally brought two out of our three drinks. Ah Cerveza, but the top was still on the bottle. When we asked for silverware he brought one place setting for the three of us. Then on a separate trip two more forks. Eventually one of our dinners arrived. A half an hour later and two hours into our visit when we asked where the other meals were coming, he said that the sides were not available, so the meals would be another 10 minutes. So we gave up having already shared the first and concluded that the food was not good. It took him another 10 minutes to calculate the bill (no relief for the service....)
A completely incompetent frantic waiter can ruin a meal, Too bad. Could be the worst service I can ever remember. Left hungry and irritated. But with nice pictures of the view. Climb the hill and eat elsewhere.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Cafe Mosaico is one of my favorite places to go. The view is breath taking, specially at dusk as the sun is setting. It's a must see of Quito that I suggest to everyone I meet.

The food is good as well. Its got variety and the owner has really put a lot of effort into both the menu and his establishment.

I'd suggest getting a Ponche with brandy and sitting on the balcony watching the old town of quito.

It will be you're favorite resturaunt in Quito if only for the view I promise!

2  Thank Nathan K