“Overpriced food with SLOW service”
Review of La Boca del Lobo - CLOSED

La Boca del Lobo
Cuisines: French, Latin, Ecuadorean
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to try a new place after several days in Quito and wandered into La Boca del Lobo. I wish I hadn't. I got a cup of soup, a piece of toast with veggies and melted cheese (that came with fries), and a glass of wine. The bill was $28 and the service was incredibly slow. The meal took over an hour and a half. I left unsatisfied and annoyed to have spent almost $30 when better food is available for less. I don't know how the place can stay in business

There are newer reviews for La Boca del Lobo

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had been to this place a few years ago and remembered it being overpriced but decent. Decent is no longer even close. We got a salad that was bland, the waitress forgot our "yuquitas" order and we had to remind her half an hour after we were done with the rest of our meal. The kebabs were awful. The worst thing of all is the price. At $12 or so a plate you would expect something somewhat tasty but we basically paid that much for a plate of tasteless lettuce. Don't get fooled by the atmosphere - you are basically getting ripped off here.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had one night in Quito and came to La Boca Del Lobo for a group dinner. It is designed in a chic and hip style. The menu has European influence with some inventive touch. The reminded the me one of favorite Italian restaurants in Soho, London, Bocca Di Lupo but they are not related.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Good location in the mariscal. The menu is interesting albeit very long. Food was very tasty. Decor is quite whacky as they try very hard to be original. Service very much hit and miss. I was surprised by the fact that although a service charge is included in the bill the waitress wrote by hand "thanks for tips" with a smiley. So either the tips don't go to the staff or the staff are pushing it...

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were there on a Thursday night and it was fairly empty. We ordered a selection of appetizers to share, which were good but not particularly interesting. Music was pretty loud and a bit jarring. Our waiter disappeared for a while and we finally had to ask the bartender for our check. Prices were about what they would be in the US. Overall, it was a bit like being in a chain restaurant in the US only with Ecuadorean staff; not bad, but not much fun either.