“Very Unique Atmosphere! Great Food!”
Review of La Boca del Lobo - CLOSED

La Boca del Lobo
Cuisines: French, Latin, Ecuadorean
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

LOVED THIS PLACE!! I ate here with a party of 6 while visiting Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. The atmosphere is very unique- like no restaurant I've ever seen! I would recommend this place for that alone! Even the menus looked awesome! They were made very artistically and can be purchased! The menus even have a device in them that will sound an alarm if you try to steal them! haha
FOOD WAS AWESOME!! They had many vegetarian options, and everyone agreed that all the food was delicious!
We ate here at night (in January of 2012), and there were only about 2 or 3 other tables of guests at the time. The server was very friendly and helpful. The prices were decent too.
Over all, I would definitely recommend this place!! If you're looking for a unique atmosphere and good food, La Boca Del Lobo wont disapoint!

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I went to this place about 3 years ago and I had remembered it as having good atmosphere n foods that we didn't find elsewhere but I went with my hubby two nights ago and it wasn't like that anymore! I ordered the chicken nuggets that said were marinated with an Oporto sauce; instead I got 6 very thin, long dried, hard, crumbed chicken sticks in a overly done bed of lettuce with 3 dipping sauces that their base was mayo and tomato sauce just that one had chili in it and the other peanuts n the other more sugar and that was it.. Nothing to do with an Oporto styled sauce or marinate and it costed $11 absolutely not worth that. Then we ordered a cocktail that seemed pretty fancy it was called amagueitor, only to be told 20 minutes later that they didn't have one if the ingredients and couldn't make it. That was a disappointment. I wouldn't go back now and I wouldn't recommend it.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Worst meal of my trip, over priced , food arrived cold,but they somehow managed to burn the soup!
Loud music and trendy hipster decor will not make up for bad service and lousy food.
We paid $2.50 for a pulled pork lunch including a soft drink in Otavalo that was 10 times the meal.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've had some interesting plates at La Boca del Lobo, but the menu doesn't fit the atmosphere. It seems to want to cater to partygoers and heavy drinkers so, it might be a good option at night during a weekday but from thursday thru saturday it's not the place I'd go to grab gourmet bites.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Dont be fooled by the decor of this place as a reflection of the food. This is the worst restaurant I've ever eaten in my life. My husband had an open sandwich and some chips at a cost of $10 and the 'sandwich' was actually a thin slice of bread with tiny bits of meat covered in cheese! Mine was a moussaka - which was just tiny bits of eggplants covered in cheese! The chef obviously has never eaten a moussaka before because this wasn't one! My 'side salad' was 1 mushroom slide on top of a few leaves of lettuce & some vinegrette that was average. The juice was nice but as all the drinks were so expensive we shared it. I've lived in Europe, central America & live in Melbourne in Australia and have never felt so scammed in my travels. Its a shame that this type of food is being served up to mostly foreigners because I've had absolutely delicious and good priced meals in Mindo and Banos as well as other parts of Quito whilst visiting Ecuador. Please avoid this place go across the road to subway if you're hungry.