“The is where the locals eat!”
Review of Cafe Vinilo

Cafe Vinilo
Ranked #31 of 448 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Chilean
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This little family run café serves very good local fish and meat dishes and is very good value. Our hotel recommended it. Must book though especially on the weekends.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Vinilo

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a very cosy restaurant that serves original Chilean food. The staff is super friendly and explains the proposed meals in English. Our plates were delicious. You should also try the homemade beer. Very nice place!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Great referral from Casa Galos boutique B n B.
Excellent range and tasty selection on menu.
Owned and operated by a great food man with a happy welcome and staff.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

While in Valparaiso, I wanted Chilean cuisines (restaurant type, not the great empanadas, etc.). The first two restaurants I ate at had excellent seafood, but nothing I would not find is coastal towns elsewhere. Cafe Vinilo filled the gap. An interesting menu, with regional dishes and identifying the regional. Not the finest food, but very good and a great opportunity for new experiences in foods. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We came here because of the decent reviews on TripAdvisor, but we were disappointed. The place looked pretty good, but I wouldnt say nice. Half of the bread was stale, and the beer I ordered was 75% foam. There were not many selections available for food on the menu, and two of the few options with meat were not available. The first beer I ordered was not available either. Half the customers when we were there spoke English, but there was no English on the menu.

I ordered the pork ribs. Kind of expensive for Chilean prices, and yet it was very small. Came out with 6 tiny ribs over a bed of mashed spices and some other mush. Couscous maybe, but so mashed I couldn't tell for sure. Not tasty either way.

She had a beef roll of some sort, over a plate of white beans with Indian yellow curry. It was okay, but a bit weird. As far as we could tell, these were the only two options on the entire menu with meat, and they were both sub par.

Lastly, we tried to connect to their internet to see some pictures on TripAdvisor to help us order. You had to connect through Facebook and share all of your information with them to get connected, and then when we did, the connection was so slow that we could barely get the text of the review up, much less any pictures.

Not recommended.