“Just perfect”
Review of B&B La Nona

B&B La Nona
Ranked #11 of 104 Valparaiso B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

From the moment I walked through the door I knew I was going to like this B&B. The host, Rene, and his family are true professionals. Nothing is overlooked - from the wonderful welcome to the amazing breakfast. What Rene doesn't know about Chile isn't worth knowing. Ask him what you should see in beautiful Valparaiso and he will sit down with you and create a magic itinerary. Highly recommended accommodation.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Grifflarudman

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed with Rene and Carolina for 3 nights in mid January. We enjoyed every minute of our time there. Rene and Carolina welcomed us into their home, letting us use the kitchen to make lunch and dinner, and preparing breakfast for us every morning. My husband and I are trying to learn Spanish, and they were very patient with us while we practiced, but Rene also speaks English. Rene sat with us and gave us advice about different towns and spots in Chile that we should explore. Also, my husband accidentally left his watch in our room when we left, and Rene emailed us, offering to mail it to us.

I highly recommend staying at La Nona during your visit to valparaiso.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nfcrotty
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Unfortunately, I was only able to spend a couple of nights here. The location is great and It is impeccably clean. Nona and Rene were fantastic hosts. And it DEFINITELY has the best breakfast (and coffee) of any place I stayed in my 2 1/2 weeks in Chile. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank roger g
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this little B&B for anyone to stay! It is located at the top of the hill in Cerro Alegre, a short walking distance to the main part of town. The owner Rene speaks excellent English and welcomes you with open arms, a map and orientation to the city with suggestions of things to do. Breakfast is made by his mum (she is also lovely) and consists of fruit salad and muesli, bread, homemade jams, turkey, salawmi, cheese, tea and coffee..delicious! My partner and I would definitely stay here again. Rene was so helpful he even booked us a 5am taxi and got up at 4am before we went to make us breakfast - much appreciated :) What surprised me is you could drink water out of the tap, if we could change one thing it would be to stay a few extra days and travel north to the next cities to visit the.beach and shopping malls.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jodie D
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Rene is really helpful and has great local and Chilean travel knowledge.
Breakfast is great, fruit, toast, jams, brilliant coffee and cold meats with cheese. Even home made yogurt.
Our room was great, clean, comfortable and quiet.
A very enjoyable 2 nights in La nona. We highly recommend this place one of the best we have stayed in during our 3 months in South America.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely 2 nights stay at La Nona. Felt at home with full use of kitchen and lounge area with books, tv, computer for relaxing after a day if exploring Valparaíso. Very friendly and helpful owners. Great location, short walk downhill to historic district. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank SueyIre
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Rene made me feel very welcome when I arrived. Wonderful hot showers large and sunny room and great breakfast. I checked out one other b n b before I chose La Nona because the rooms weremuch nicer and the price the same. There are many more possibilities in the neighbourhood but I would go back to La Nona if I went to Valpo again. I bicycle tour and Rene has great parking for bicycles.. he rides himself. He has the best coffee for breakfast too!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo