“A little paradise!”

Garivalpo Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 97 Valparaiso B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had an amazing stay in Garivalpo around new year Eve, with a bottle of champagne in present!
The room was extremely cozy overlooking to the cerro and the sea, The lady is the kindest person ever, always attentive to any problem and always happy to help. The breakfast was very good and adapted according to our tastes day after day.
Just perfect! Thank you again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Garivalpo Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very attentionate host and great breakfast. The location is great because it is close to the centre, yet far enought to make it a little quieter. We decided to stay the 4 of us in the appartment, which is great for 3 people (one double, one single bed). There is also a futon for an extra person...which is not comfy at all. The kitchen did not have a stove so not great for cooking but the included breakfast was definetly better than any other B&B we`ve tried in our 7 weeks long trip in Chile. Pretty and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The owner was such a lovely lady, see could not do enough for you. See even bought us cheese and olives to have with our own wine, which see kindly purchased for us at the supermarket.
Rooms were not massive but very clean and the bed linen was so crisp and clean.
I would thoroughly recommend this B&B, even if only for the breakfast.

Room Tip: not much to choose between them
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had booked a Polanco room in Garivalpo on June 23rd for one day. I had planned to be there on August 24th afternoon. I had sent many e-mails requesting details of my reservation and to confirm my trip to Valparaiso city. All my requests were answered on that ocassion and I was very confident that everything was fine. However, on August 23rd I sent an e-mail informing that I would arrive on the next day, but I didn't have any reply about that. When I arrived on Valparaiso, Garivalpo was closed and there was nobody to give us any information. My wife and I had to find any place around to stay in Valaparaiso, paying a high value for the room.
I don't know what's happened, but it is an unprofessional behaviour of the Garivalpo with guest. They should send an email cancelling my booking at least and they should give some reasons for that.
I don't recomend this place to stay in Valparaiso.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ricardo F
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Greeted by the owner and her friendly and positve attitude was my first indication that this would be a very positve stay. The Bed and Breakfast is located not to far from the central business area, about a 15 minute walk, and about a 25 minute walk to the seaside and port area. My accommodation was in a very small bedroom, enough for a double bed wardrobe, and a small TV, it also included a bathroom. The floors are hardwood and are kept in beautiful condition even though they are very very old.The funishings in the dinning room and living area are of a by gone era, with real wooden chairs at the dinning table, real wood, something you don't see very often these days. A beautiful old wooden glass cabinet sits in the reception area with many items of interest including some souveners. At night it is pretty quiet and one can get a good nights sleep. Be prepared however to do this without heat. Breakfast in the morning was great. Fruit, juice, rolls, cheese, ham, salami, coffee, enough food to certainly fill you up for the start of the morning. Maps are available and so is free wifi. The personel and warm welcome makes one feel right at home.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Two things stand out in this B&B - really good decor of the common area, dining room and of the large family room downstairs; the other being exceptionally friendly and helpful owner.

It is not in a typical tourist area (ie Cerro Concepcion/ Alegre), but it is only ten minutes to the bus station and same distance to Valparaiso metro stop (Francia), which takes you in ten minutes to Vina del Mar. Walk to the Puerto area takes roughly 25 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2011

From the moment we went in Garivalpo, Ube (its owner) made it feel like we were entering a home. The house is nicely decorated with a mix of old and new with many personal items, everything with style and well kept. Was exactly what we saw in the pictures. Breakfast was lovely (fresh tasty fruits, bread, cheese, coffee, etc). Located on a quiet street, It's near to the center.
We really enjoyed our stay, we would even say was better than most hotels we have stayed in and definitely would recommend it to others. Good value!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple