All reviews nice hotel nice balcony the hotel staff la sebastiana old building coffee tea would stay here again no elevator cerro alegre chilli city street internet laundry tips port
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Very nicely located and amazingly decorated but man this is noisy. It is an old building and not had any isolation when reshaping into a hotel so sounds like your neighbors are in your room talking showering walking and trucks pass through your bed... windows don't keep out the traffic or sounds from the street. Curtains don't block the light so sleep is a luxury. People are very nice and it is such a pretty hotel but since I am a light sleeper would not come again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2017

The hotel Ultramar are one of the best accommodations possibilieties in Valparaiso! The view on the city (and the sea) is really breathtaking.
Hotel is very modern and very confortable. Maybe small minus is the fact, the hotel has not a lift and you must to use the stairs.
If you have a chance to book biggest rooms (app. 40 m2). This rooms are top! Very large and very comfortable.
Also staff is extremly helpfull. Definitely you must to try Pisco sour from hotel bar. One of the best in the city. And if you drink the Pisco at hotel terasse, this is unforgettable experience.
Me and my wife can strongly reccommended hotel Ultramar!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Very nice and clean hotel with very friendly and helpful staff.
Breakfast was very good. The dekoration of the hotel is absolutely magnificant. The room was excelent an clean. Nice view over Valparaiso. The staff helped us with our flight reservation.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Ultramar Hotel is nestled in the hills above Valparaiso, and the view is spectacular. I arrived a little frustrated because Google Maps was not very helpful as I climbed the winding streets. The warm staff assuaged all frustration by taking out a map, and drawing routes for me to take as I ventured to La Sebastiana, So easy to follow. They also marked a safe, beautiful walk to the center of town. (Walking, and enjoying all of the street art, and neighborhoods is an integral part of my ventures.)
Breakfast was fresh fruit, pastries, coffee tea, They also offered eggs and meat.
My only complaint was noisy neighbors, but that had nothing to do with the Hotel itself. I loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, I was lucky!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Came to Valparaiso for a weekend getaway and was looking into a nice accommodation on al long weekend -tough thing to do- and came across this hotel recommended with good reviews but so far disappointed, we came early 20 min before check in and couldn't get into our rooms and it took reception for ever to find our reservations.
Came back a couple of ours later and our rooms were ready but heating not turned on.....it lacks the little details that make your stay a pleasant one.
We did get a lovely view

Stayed: August 2017