“A Great Way to see Valparasio”
Review of Perro Tour

Perro Tour
Ranked #9 of 56 Tours in Valparaiso
More attraction details
Owner description: -Tailor-made experiences in Valparaíso, Viña del Mar, Casablanca Valley, Santiago, and more. -Day and multi-day trips in Chile and Argentina. -Walking tours, city tours, wine tours, and mountain roadtrips. English, German, Portuguese & Spanish are spoken!
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Our tour guide, Juan gave us a great walking tour of the city, taking us to places that we might not have seen on other tours. He met us at tour B&B, The Yellow House, each morning whether he was doing the tour or not. We did a coastal tour with he and a driver to the beaches, and also a fishing village. The last day he had Jamie take us on a wine tour on our way to our hotel in Santiago. I would recommend his company to others visiting this amazing city.

2  Thank LambtonReggie
All reviews
"juan victor"
in 28 reviews
"valparaiso and vina del mar"
in 6 reviews
"lots of history"
"empanadas"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2014

If we hadn’t had a guide in ‘Valpo” we would have completely missed the essence of the city. We might have thought to ourselves, “actually some of that graffiti was pretty good” and left with memories of the absence of greenery and prevalence of dog poops.
But when you have a guide like Jorge Rodriguez of Perro Tours who can show you the symbolism, and bring home the emotion and struggle of hundreds of years under various foreign rulers to help you appreciate the mural art as an urban storybook to emotionally access your appreciation of the history of the city. Also the community caretaking of a very obvious and healthy appearing feral dog population was heartwarming. Feeding bowls were everywhere and no hostility noted among the pooches.
We were fortunate enough to have Jorge as our guide,whose understanding of the art and the local artists was firsthand to the point of his actually having helped a well known muralist with one of his works and himself placed a bathtub in the center of a pedestrian street.
Valpo is a work of art and deserves more tour guides like Jorge. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Driving into Valparaiso from Santiago to Casa Galos , was a preliminary disappointment, especially at night. We cannot figure why the city was a UNESCO site. It was dirty and somewhat chaotic.
From a chance encounter with Casa Galos front desk staff, we were introduced to Jorge/Perro Tour for a private guide tour. What a great turn around impression of the city.
So many outstanding street arts , and we covered only part of it. Some of them had to be viewed on the street above for vantage point to appreciate the continuity of the artwork. Only a patient and enthusiastic guide, like Jorge, knew how to share it with us.
Jorge himself is a street artist, and many tourists were seen taking photos of his work.
And if you are a foodie, he is the man to ask for advice.
Valpo, especially around the Casa Galos area is very photogenic, and a paradise for avid photographer.
Perro Tour with Jorge is one of the highlight of our Chilean trip, and rank with Atacama experience.
We might even return for a New Year in Valpo, and hopefully continue more of the tour with Jorge.

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I will never forget the day I spent learning about Valpo's rich cultural past, present, and colourful future. I did not know what to expect exactly of Valparaiso other than being part of a coastline that Chileans love to holiday in. Thanks to the experience of not only Jorge's amazing hospitality at the Casa Galos Apart Hotel, this walk conducted by the man himself quite simply led me to the same conclusion he also believes - Valpo is one of the most important cities culturally and historically not only in South America but also the world. The tour gives an insight into the history to begin but quickly unfolds as an in depth look at the incredible graffiti art that paints what seems like most of the Valporaisan street walls. Jorge always happy to discuss and analyze the artist's vision when checking out each work of art as well as providing not only his own opinion but also the artist's actual concept as he knows many of the artists first hand. Don't miss this tour you will not regret it!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I started this walking tour at 5.30 in evening and did not return home until around 10 in the evening and every minute included something new and interesting! The tour gave me a chance to visit some of the places that are not typical tourist spots, giving me unique insight that I would not have gained from any other tours. During the tour I saw some of Valparaiso's amazing artwork and graffiti, met some of the locals who kindly took us for a ride in their vintage yellow car, took in some of the beautiful scenery and watched the sun set over the city. The walking tour was at a very relaxed pace meaning I could stroll and enjoy my surroundings whilst having plenty time to take photographs. However, the tour did not just include walking I also got the chance to ride on one of Valparaiso's iconic trolly buses. I appreciate the effort that Jorge put into this tour, having to switch between three languages, and the information he provided throughout the tour gave me a better understanding of the city's history and culture.
I had a thoroughly enjoyable day and would say to anybody visiting Valpo that this is a tour not to be missed! I highly recommend it!