“Great introduction to Valpo”
Review of Tours 4 Tips

Tours 4 Tips
Ranked #3 of 57 Tours in Valparaiso
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "Pay What You Want" Walking Tours Everyday of the week at 10am and 3pm in Valparaíso, Chile. We meet at Plaza Sotomayor every day of the week. Our guides wear red and white striped t-shirts like the children's book 'Where is Wally' or 'Where's Waldo' on some countries, so it is easy to find us. The tour is a 2,5 hour highlights walk through the city.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Had a fantastic afternoon with this bunch of Wallies as guides - they have adopted the red and white striped Where's Wally look so they are really easy to find in Plaza Sotomayor. They do what it says on the tin - the tours are free but they work for tips. Tip them well though because they keep you informed and entertained (for a good 3 hours on the trip I did) and provide both a fascinating and entertaining insight to this extraordinary city as well as lots of tips and ideas for the rest of your stay. We had Priscilla as our guide and she did a great job in excellent English of getting over her passion for the place.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,266)
All reviews
"great introduction"
in 37 reviews
"three hours"
in 33 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 30 reviews
in 89 reviews
"stray dogs"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The tour was a nice way to go into some of the difficult to navigate alleys and passage ways of old Valparaiso, especially as 3 young women traveling alone (Valparaiso can be a bit dangerous) but the tour unfortunately really wasn't all that interesting. The guides were friendly enough and they tried- but the structure doesn't lend itself to giving you the best insight into the city. All and all we spent a full hour in Plaza Sotamayor, followed by a couple houses and churches, and closed it out with a ride on the trolley to a small plaza. The walking wasn't bad- our group had several older couples and everyone was able to keep up. The information is just a bit lacking- and there was really nothing we learned or saw that we needed the tour to get to.

1  Thank Khethiwe C
expat-in-chile-2004, Manager at Tours 4 Tips, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Khethiwe C,
The Wally team is sad to hear the tour was just so-so. We aim to do a lot better. There is no good reason that we should spend a full hour at the first plaza and behalf of our team, I am sorry. We will address your complaint this week in a meeting to see how we can improve. Thank you for your honest feedback.
Sebastian

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The guided tour with Priscilla was 5 stars! She's got a lot of energy and is quite funny.
I really recommend this tour.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Austin's energy and creativeness made this the best tour I have ever taken. I would never have appreciated this city at this level had I not taken this tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I saw Valpo on my own the first day and happened to stumble upon this group. My perspective of Valpo changed entirely after the tour - it gives you so much insight into how the city came to be, its former days of glory and its subsequent ruin... For Valparaiso, I definitely recommend this tour because otherwise you are walking around what just looks to be a colorful but dilapidated city. The guides are enthusiastic and provide excellent content. I've done several walking tours and this company has been one of the best.