“Walking through Valparaiso”

Tours 4 Tips
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Valparaiso
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "Pay What You Want" Walking Tours Everyday of the week at 10am and 3pm in Valparaíso, Chile. We meet at Plaza Sotomayor every day of the week. Our guides wear red and white striped t-shirts like the children's book 'Where is Wally' or 'Where's Waldo' on some countries, so it is easy to find us. The tour is a 2,5 hour highlights walk through the city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed May 24, 2013

A good introduction, which lasts about 2.5-3 hours, of the city. The guide, Ben in my case, is deeply in love with the city and s/he will show what a city like Valparaiso can offer to a tourist.
It made me to look to the city, which I already knew a bit, in a completely different way! Like the tours in Santiago, it is the best way to get introduced to this city. At the end of the visit the guide gives you some useful suggestions about which places are worth of a visit, where are the best places to have a drink/eat something. I definitely recommend this tour to everyone is not scared about walking up and down the hills of the city!

There are newer reviews for Tours 4 Tips

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The tour is excellent, in fact, everything everyone else has said. It's a great way to get an overview and an insight into life as it was and as it is now in this fascinating place. I felt sad to see some things like the beautiful historic buildings left to fall into ruin but there is also lots to admire such as the colourful street art and the life and culture that is evident in abundance. The tour does last about three hours but you are not walking all the time and the pace is leisurely especially uphill. Erica's love for Valparaiso was obvious as she told her stories and took us to see the highlights of the city. She even arranged for a humming bird to fly in and hover amongst the blossoms for us. Go to the morning tour if you prefer smaller groups,ours had only three tourists and our guide. Thanks Erica

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This tour was unquestionably the highlight of our trip to Valparaiso. Peter and his crew provided an amazing 3 hour session of sights, stories, and great city recommendations. There is some really interesting history in this port town and Tours 4 Tips is a great way to hear about it. If you do the 3 pm tour, do bring some warm clothing as it can get chilly in the evening.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We did this tour on our first day and it was a great introduction to Valparaiso, allowing you to get your bearings with some interesting information as well. For me the size of the group which was quite large at about 20 people was a bit of a drawback due to the fact that it is hard to ask questions and talk with the guides without making it a group question. However, the content and delivery of the guides was excellent and there were some interesting destinations during the tour.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I thought I'd try my luck for a 2nd time with this company after an average experience in Santiago with them. After doing this tour I know I will not do free tours again.
I took this tour when I first arrived in Valparaiso to get some orientation of the city, which it did provide. The guide was a young American girl who seemed to be reading off a script and could not really answer many questions. The other travellers were nice to meet, they also seemed somewhat disappointed.
I paid the guide, but only due to the effort of her coming out and showing us around and because my goal of requiring orientation was achieved.
Because of the lack of good information about this amazing city from this tour I decided to do a paid tour with a private guide. That was well worth every peso I paid him!! That tour was *amazing* and I can highly recommend it (see my other reviews)
Only choose this tour if you are time poor and/or budget conscience.

1  Thank TalbsOnTheGoGoGO