“What a gem!”

Cuisines: Chilean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Brilliant! Finally a restaurant that served food with flavor. I would have eaten here every night, if I could. Everyone should make sure to visit Espiritu Santo.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Visited based on good reviews & the fact this restaurant is just up the hill from where we are staying. We didn't book & the restaurant was not full on a Thursday night. Had an excellent Pisco Sour, my husband had a really nice fish dish with black rice & I had a delicious duck with beans. Very well cooked good quality ingredients. Deserts looked nice but we couldn't eat more.
I would have said it was all excellent except for an awkward exchange when we paid. We gave cash & the waiter asked if we would like to leave a 10% tip. I said bring us the change & we will then leave a tip. He came back saying they had no change, I said if I rounded up the amount ( to include another 10%) would they then have change - they did!
It's excellent food & a smart stylish restaurant but the money issue left us with a bad taste.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

A very attractive and comfortable minimalist restaurant whose menu featured natural local produce faultlessly and pleasantly served. Wonderful quail, avocado and leaf salad followed by the best ever strawberry ice cream with home baked biscuits. Excellent value. An ideal place to stop if visiting Pablo Nerudo's house, La Sebastiana.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was the best meal my wife and I have had in our entire 3 weeks in South America.

All of the staff spoke good English and were very friendly. Laura, the owner, was very friendly and helped us through all of our selections. All of the meals were very fresh tasting and did not disappoint. A little on the pricey side but worth it. Main dishes ranged between 7000 and 10000 pesos.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Loved my birthday dinner here on 21 November. A night I will not forget.

Wonderfully stylish but informal atmosphere, tasty food that lets the ingredients do the talking, a great picso sour, and terrific and reasonably priced wine list. Plus friendly people. What more could a birthday girl want!

I wish there were not a 12 hour flight between me and this restaurant, but I hope to return.