“Disappointing”
Review of Melbourne Cafe

Melbourne Cafe
Cuisines: Chilean, Italian, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: At Melbourne Cafe you will find the best coffee, panini sandwiches, salads and muffins. We'll do our best to make your visit comfortable in our cafe. Come and visit us!!!! We are located in Plaza Sotomayor square, next to the port and train station. English spoken!!
Valparaiso, Chile
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I specifically came here after reading all the rave TA reviews about the coffee even though I generally avoid this incredibly lame and touristy spot. True, the coffee was good (especially by Valpo standards) and the upstairs seating was cute with a nice view.

That said, I felt like I was in a Starbucks. The place had no character and the food was pretty lackluster. My boyfriend had the incredibly bland Chicken Curry (how can you possibly make Indian food bland? HOW??) and my panini was pretty underwhelming.

I just don't see why you would come here when there are some solid cafes with much more character in nicer areas like Cerro Alegre and Concepción or a couple steps away in Plaza Anibal Pinto i.e. Cafe del Jardin, Cafe con Letras, Cafe Subterraneo. Oh, and these places have wifi unlike Cafe Melbourne.

Don't think I'll be coming back here anytime soon.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Michelle F

Darwin, Australia
“Excellent coffee, nice location”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

As all of the reviews say, the coffee here is outstanding! One of the best latte's I've had in South America. The service is good and atmosphere is nice. It's not too busy (we went a few times), so don't worry about having to wait in line.

Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent! Coffee is great!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We came here to try the coffee and weren't disappointed. Great smooth coffee with creamy well heated milk. Tried a piece of pumpkin loaf too, really tasty. The other food (sandwiches, salads and light mains) looked tasty too but we didn't try it, we were just never there at meal times, just coffee time! I came everyday for a coffee, cappuccino, perfect! Nice location on the Plaza. You can sit upstairs and watch life go by on the plaza. Run by a Chilean who spent some time in Melbourne, Australia (hence the fantastic coffees being made). Great vibe, definitely recommended.

Visited October 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“COFFEEEEE”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

oh yum - two visits 4 coffees = 1 pumping heart!! Pity they appear to be Melbourne Demon supporters unless it is just the name play lol

Visited September 2012
Valparaiso, Chile
“Excellent Coffee!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Melbourne is the best cup of coffee I have had in Chile. Great location right on plaza sotomayor, with a fantastic second story view of the square. The service is friendly and the coffee top notch.

Visited March 2012