“Wow a lovely experience DO IT!”

Chilean Cuisine Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 13 Food & Drink in Valparaiso
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer all inclusive Chilean Cuisine Cooking Classes and focus on traditional recipes that can be reproduced in your home. The class also replaces your lunch or dinner and includes excellent local wines. Classes are in english unless requested otherwise and take about 5 hours to complete including eating your meal. Each class includes a visit to the traditional markets with the chef for all the ingredients. We offer our Chilean Cuisine Cooking Classes every day and the experience is all inclusive.
Botley Hants
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wow a lovely experience DO IT!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Today I did the cooking course and loved every minut -relaxed and happy atmosphere with lovely teacher- a lovely group.

I take away some real knowledge and skills which I can share with friends and family. We shopped for the food in the local market and then cooked empanadas, corn pie, seafood sausages (magnificently tastny) as well as making pisco sour and drinking great Chilean wines.

I have returned to my hostel for a little lay down!

1 Thank jennyelmer

Santiago, Chile
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Best day u can have in Valparaiso”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband, my 9 year old son were so fortunate to have had this whole day expericence yesterday. What a brilliant day. Boris was truly one of lifes 'you must meet'..From his introduction, to the visit to the markets and the freedom to choose our days menu 6 of us cooked up a Chilean feast. The food we cooked, the products chosen, the wine and OMG- the Basil/Chilli pisco sours..The friends we made, the stories we sharred the culture we experienced....'Just brilliant', simply explains the entire day.....When it came time to finish up the only dissapointment was that 1....we couldnt have rolled the day into night or 2. we couldnt have taken Boris and Nightmare ( the cooking schools cat) with us...
It is my promise to Valparaiso and Boris that anyone who visits us while we r fortnate to now be lving here for 3 years, we will bring them to experience this day...

Visited March 2013
1 Thank beccerrey
Sunshine, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time - friendly and professional atmosphear !”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Gracias a Boris for a great day ! It was really full and like sharing a Sunday with friends and family. It's great to do shopping before and talk about the recipes we're going to make together. Boris is great at creating a friendly and relaxed atmosphear, and involving each of us into the whole day. The dishes and original pisco sours were great. I highly recommand this experience, for the food and also for the social side of it !

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Emilie6666
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best food we've eaten in South America.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

First I want to start by saying thank you to Boris (Your teacher and Chef). He makes this cooking class fun, entertaining, educational and leaves you wanting to do it all over again.

The class included a tour of the local market where we get all our ingredients for the class, as well as a short history of Valparaiso.

For lack of a better word the food is AMAZING! Boris will teach you how to cook local cuisine his mother passed onto him.

This cooking class is a must do in when visiting South America (It's just as important as seeing Machu Picchu or doing a jungle trek)

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mark N
Camden, Maine
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun! Fun! Fun! Don't go home without taking a class!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I spent my last day in Valparaiso enjoying every minute of this cooking class. First the group decided on the menu and then we went to local, open air markets to choose all the ingredients. I joined two other couples and we were all kept very busy with our respective tasks pausing now and then to observe and learn each other's part in the process of preparing our Chilean feast. Boris is a very entertaining and skillful instructor who also kept us safe -- "no Pisco Sours until we're done with the knives!" I have received the recipes for everything we cooked that day plus other dishes. I am confidently and excitedly looking forward to preparing a multi-course Chilean dinner for my friends this weekend! Thanks Boris!
P.S. I look forward to bringing my friends and family back to take the other classes offered next year!

Visited February 2013