“An Awesome Experience”

Chilean Cuisine Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 13 Food & Drink in Valparaiso
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer all inclusive Chilean Cuisine Cooking Classes and focus on traditional recipes that can be reproduced in your home. The class also replaces your lunch or dinner and includes excellent local wines. Classes are in english unless requested otherwise and take about 5 hours to complete including eating your meal. Each class includes a visit to the traditional markets with the chef for all the ingredients. We offer our Chilean Cuisine Cooking Classes every day and the experience is all inclusive.
Santa Ana, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An Awesome Experience”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had a fantastic time with Boris and another couple on New Years Day 2013. We traveled around Chile for two weeks - and this was our best meal! Boris made the whole experience a lot of fun. If you love good company, food and Pisco and are looking for an authentic Chilean culinary experience - this is for you!

Visited January 2013

Saint James City, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“what a great day!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our class with Boris and several other travelers. We learned several recipes and were well-entertained by Boris who is a great instructor and very informative. Highly recommended.

Australia
“Great way to spend a day in Valparaiso!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I really enjoyed the cooking class with Borris, who was very welcoming and put us all at ease. We visited a local veggie and a local fish market, the atmosphere was great and festive (just before Christmas). We made quite a few recipes, and I like that different tastes were catered to.. they are happy to make a couple mains if different people in the group want to try different things. The cooking was great fun, was so nice to use good cooking equipment again after using dogedy hostel equipment for 3 months! And they certainly kept a festive atmosphere with plenty of Pisco sours and nice wine for all! Beautiful apartment for the classes too, and great place to watch Valpo city at sunset.

Visited December 2012
Lafayette, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great recipes, cooking tips and fun for all of us!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Our family of 4 including a 17 and 20 year old (both boys) enjoyed an afternoon of shopping, cooking and eating with Chef Andres. Owner Martin stopped by to greet us and take a picture. Andres gave us a choice of delicious recipes and then took us shopping for ingredients in the nearby public market. Sadly there was no fish left, so no ceviche. But the dishes we did make were great. An avocado stuffed with spiced chicken to start, corn casserole with beef, chicken, eggs and spices for entree and citrus cherimoya for dessert. Wine, salsa, pisco sours. All very nice. Andres was a good cooking instructor and also knew a lot about Valpo. Both kids loved it. They emailed us the recipes that very day and we will be making them soon at home.

Melbourne
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A fantastic experience!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had a day to fill in in Valparaiso and with nothing better to do, I signed up for the Chilean Cuisine Cooking Classes, through my B&B, The Yellow House. I'm not a very good cook and wouldn't normally do a cooking class, but gosh, I'm so happy I did! Boris is such a fun loving person and you can't help but have a fabulous time. First, our group met each other and discussed what recipes we would try, then we all caught a bus to the fruit/vegie/seafood market to buy the ingredients. Back to the kitchen and Boris gave each of us specific jobs to do (lucky mine weren't too difficult, I think Boris knew I wasn't too skilled!) The dishes that we sat down to eat were scrumptious, I especially loved the clam entree. The cheese empanadas were pretty yum too. Oh, and also the pear poached in red wine.

I highly recommend this cooking class with Boris, you will have a really fun day. Boris emailed the recipes to us after the class, and I MAY even try making some at home :-)

Visited October 2012