“Wonderful staff, lovely building”
Review of Angel Hostal

Angel Hostal
Angel Hostal
“Wonderful staff, lovely building”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Angel Hostal for just one night and I loved it. The boys who run the place are really sweet and helpful. The place is really clean, the rooms are a good size and come with lockers. I paid for the shared room without bunk beds (only 1000 CLP or $2US more) which was a great call. The bed was so comfy and I slept so well! When I got up one of the guys working there literally brought me trays of breakfast into the dining room. There was coffee/tea, yogurt, cereal with milk, and the guy even made me pressed grilled cheeses! Amazing. So so sweet.

People lament this place for having just one shower (two toilets) but I didn't have any problems. There weren't too many people there when I was though. The main bathroom is also huge and clean.

Would definitely recommend this place to other travelers!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank labewo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hostel won me over. The decoration, the rooms, the staff, the area, the breakfast. All of these things were really great! Me and my friend shared a double room which I did not want to leave it was so comfortable! Good pillows and duvet. The whole hostel is really clean and breakfast was filling cheese toasties,yoghurts and cereal. The staff rodriguez and Carlos were both welcoming, helpful and funny! They were even kind enough to get me some medical help after seeing I had an injury. Highly recommend this hostel. I can only hope the other hostels in South America match up to angel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danielle H
MIAMI, FL
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Clean, lovely place to stay in a very secure area in Valparaiso surrounded by nice and cheap bars and restorant.
Super nice staff that go out of their ways in order to help. Good breakfast included as well.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BACKPACKERYOHOO
Dallas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After arriving in the city by bus and finding our way to the hostel, we were warmly welcomed, and given a map of the city and advice on things to see, a place to eat, and what areas to avoid. Our room was nice, it was a bit chilly but warm bed. My boyfriend and I opted to shower in the evening, rather than waiting until morning, and didn't have to wait, and it was a nice, clean bathroom. When I went into the bathroom the next morning, it had gotten much dirtier and water had gotten everywhere, so it was worth being one of the first to use the shower. Breakfast was good, some cereal, yogurt, instant coffee, and then grilled cheese sandwiches. Cash only accepted when we arrived, but we were prepared for that. It wasn't too bad of a walk from the bus station, and was in a great location (we did the Free Tour one day, which met in the plaza right down the hill from the hostel). I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kendallj817
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We've been travelling from New York to Buenos Aires, 7 months. So we finally know about hostals in central and South America. This one was one of our favorite. Small, felt like at home actually, well positioned in the city, a few steps from the Cerros and a very very nice btrhroom.

Worth the price !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Milesandlove
Cheshire
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Yes, this hostel does only have one bathroom for all the guests to use (although there is a separate toilet), but we didn't find it too much of a problem during our stay. I think it would only be a problem if you are in a rush - otherwise you can find a quiet time to shower, maybe when other people are cooking dinner, or earlier in the morning before everyone needs it!

The dorm rooms have lockers, the beds were comfy and the hostal is quiet so we had a good sleep.

As others have commented the communal area is a little small, however again we didn't find it much of a problem. There is also a kitchen with oven, microwave, gas hobs and fridge/freezer.

The owner was very nice and helpful and explained all the great places to visit in the area as soon as we arrived. The hostal is also in a great location and a short walk from the centre.

The hostal also provides free wifi and two computers for guests to use.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jcooper87
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 5, 2012

What hostel has only one bathroom for 14 or so guests? I had to wait over one hour to take a shower, a real waste of time when you're in a place like Valparaiso! Also, the common area is quite small, which is a pain during breakfast time.
The bathroom was kept clean though, the dorm beds were comfy but short and the dorm had adequate lockers. The guy running the place was very nice.
Best thing about this hostel the location, which is great. It's also not very expensive.

• Stayed March 2012