“The best culinary surprise in 3 weeks in Chile!”
Review of Jaiba y Cordero Bar Fusion - CLOSED

Jaiba y Cordero Bar Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was just exploring the Cerro Alegre and wandered by this place. The menu de dia sounded good, so I stopped. It was ridiculous. I was alone in the restaurant in high season, and the meal was the best I had in three weeks in Chile. The appetizer, Chupe de Marisco, was a succulent dish of corn meal and shellfish. Then the Reinata Con Calamares Sobre Vegetales Salteados absolutely killed me. The calamares were as tender as any I tried in Turkey, Greece, or Spain. The vegetables were cooked to perfection. Then the dessert, Tarta Tatin, was exceptional. The price? $10.50 US. Are you kidding??
If you don't try this place for the Menu de Dia, you will have really missed something.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stopped into Jaiba on a whim looking for a nice last night in valparaiso dinner. Purely simple, it was amazingly delicious and the service was awesome. I had a choclo del mar, which was this amazing corn stew with all sorts of fresh seafood, including clams, abalone, and freaking lobster. Try this place if you're up in Cerro Concepcion or Cerro Alegre, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had excellent service and very good food. Pisco sours great. Crab in phyllo and conger eel stew done well.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had an amazing Christmas dinner at this cute restaurant. Our food was outstanding. The service was great and the staff very friendly and accommodating. Our servers wine recommendation was out of this world!! Definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The name of this restaurant caught my attention from across the street. The menu seemed to infuse many diverse flavors. For some reason most restaurants are closed on Monday (8/6), but this one was open. My friend and I decide to have dinner there, unfortunately the lady that was attending this particular night was so rude we left appalled. We entered and sat down on our own, later realizing we had to find our own menus. After waiting for the waiter, my friend asked how a certain dish was prepared. The waiter answered in a condescending manner, when I asked for her opinion on another dish she left to attend another table. Regardless of how good the food could have been, that type of service should not be displayed to anyone wanting to spend a nice evening. Hopefully future customers will be treated better,as I will not be returning.

1  Thank seanismac