“Enjoyable stay quite far out of town.”
Review of B&B Carino Porteno

B&B Carino Porteno
Ranked #15 of 96 Valparaiso B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay quite far out of town.”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Lovely clean room, if a bit on the small side. Our bathroom was across the house from our room but was always clean and was no problem that it wasn't ensuite. Hot shower and modern bathroom.

Breakfast was great, loved the homemade biscuits!

The house was in a quiet area but was a bus ride from town. No restaurants close by that we found.

The owner was nice but a bit quiet. I would have liked a bit more information given to us without asking, especially about the area - suggestions, do's and don'ts. I know you can get that from a guide book but I like to speak to people when staying in someone's house like that.

I was a bit disappointed with Valpariso. I had heard such positives about it, but felt as if I was in the wrong place, it didn't live up to expectations. We ended up getting the bus back to Vina del Mar because we liked it better!

• Stayed November 2011
carinoporteno, Owner at B&B Carino Porteno, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed our breakfast and the stay in our house!. Sorry that you experience with Valparaíso was not 100% good, and we will improve the point of giving more information to our guests. Indeed, there are plenty of restaurants around Cariño Porteño (like 10 minutes walking from home), I'm really sorry that you didn't get this information on time. I really hope you come back to Valparaiso some day to make it up to you.

Best Regards,

Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed two nights here. Veronica was helpful and the house beautiful, quiet and tidy. Good restaurant at the bottom of the hill and easy to get the train into either Valparaiso or VdM. Breakfast was great. Good value all around. Sonia & Keith

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I travel a lot, both for business and leisure. I have stayed at many, many hotels, resort hotels, B&B's, hostels before. Carino Porteno is simply the best B&B experience I have ever had so far. The rooms are nice and clean, and, most of all, the owner genuinely cares to make each guest's stay an unforgettable experience. And, yes, the breakfast is truly amazing!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gert L
carinoporteno, Owner at B&B Carino Porteno, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Dear Gert,

We really appreciate your comments and we are happy to read that you had such a good impression of our house and services. We also had a great time with the amazing group of people that visited our house. All the people was really gentle, considered and very very nice with us.
We really hope to have your visit again in the future!!

Brussels, R?on de Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
Reviewed November 23, 2011

When we got to Valparaiso we never thought that we would had such great beds, service and food! We had such a great time there! The beds were amazing and also the food was really good and a lot. The hostess was so friendly and sweet to us all and the bathroom was truly clean! We didn't expect to have our beds made our such a nice kitchen/living room. It was absolutely the best B&B I ever had! Thanks for such a great journey!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Fleur,

We are really glad that you had a good time at home. Thank you very much for your review, we really appreciate your comments.
Take care.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Cariño Porteño is a wonderful place to stay in Valparaiso. The hostess is very sweet and attentive, yet she provides a lot of privacy for guests, too. Bathrooms are super clean with great showers, and the rest of the house (bedrooms, living spaces, kitchen, etc.) is all spotless and comfortable, as well. And the breakfasts are fantastic! Though the B&B is not in the main part of town, it is very close to the metro, which quickly takes you into the heart of Valparaiso, or to nearby Viña del Mar. A highly recommended place to stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Katy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments to our service. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay in Valparaiso and you felt comfortable at home. We also enjoyed your visit very much. Take care!

Santiago, Chile
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Very nice B&B with only 4 rooms, all of them very comfortable and make you feeling like home. It's not directly in the center but very close to a metro/train station for going/coming back of the center of Valpo and also going to Viña. There is also collectivo very close.

The hospitality and care of the owner is perfect and she's always here to help you. The breakfast was also really good and nice.
I spend a night their with my family and I will definitely go back there for my next trip to Valpo!

I definitely recommend it to you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dJe_73
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I can certainly recommend this hostel as a place to stay. Veronica and Claudia are very nice people and make sure that thier guests needs are met with genuine Chilean hospitality. The whole house is spotlessly clean and warm. It was even no problem to serve my breakfast at 6am because I had to leave early - really appreciated that. The location makes it easy to visit the fish market in the morning when the fresh fish is coming in just 10 minutes walk down the road which was great. Compared to some other places I have stayed in Chile it was very good value for money and I'll be sure to stay there again when in Valparaiso next time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank brentt3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Hotel Oceanic
#16 of 96 in Valparaiso
Allegretto Bed and Breakfast
Allegretto Bed and Breakfast
#14 of 96 in Valparaiso

Been to B&B Carino Porteno? Share your experiences!