“definitivamente regresaré!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Da Vinci Valparaiso

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Da Vinci Valparaiso
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Valparaiso
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“definitivamente regresaré!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Sus dueños Andrés y Enrico hacen un excelente trabajo, gracias a ellos y a mi querida Carolina, Alvaro y demas chicos (soy pésima para recordar nombres) mi estadía fue de lo mejor, Hotel Da Vinci es una casa remodelada, linda, acogedora, todo limpio, calefacción, cable, wifi gratis, desayuno incluido, mucama a la que es opcional dejarle una propina; su trabajo es tan bueno que es imposible no hacerlo. Esta ubicado en una zona patrimonial, a pocos pasos bajando al plano por Urriola estan las calles Prat y Cochrane donde encontraran casas de cambio, lugares donde comer y pasear, para arriba desde el hotel una zona turistica muy bonita. La calle ahora es doble vía así que es muy fácil llegar, es ademas un hotel económico, 100% recomendado.

The owners Andrés and Enrico do an excellent job, thanks to them and my dear Carolina, Alvaro and the other guys (sorry I am not very good remembering names) my stay was the best, Da Vinci Hotel is a remodeled house, cute, friendly, everything clean , heating, cable, free wifi, breakfast included, maid which is optional to leave a tip, her work is so good that it is impossible not to. It is located in a heritage area, a short walk down to the plane are Prat and Cochrane streets where you will find money exchange, cheap places to eat and Ascensor Concepcion, walking up from the hotel is a beautiful tourist area. The street is now two-way so it is very easy to get, is also a budget hotel, I recommend this hotel 100%

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank vavila21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The website hooked us in, and the man in all the photos is as helpful as he looks. We stayed three nights and couldn't have felt more at home. All the staff extremely friendly and couldn't have done anything else to help.

The owner gave us a lot of sites to see and information. The internet was fast and reliable and the breakfast included each morning was possibly the best I have had on holidays.

It's great value and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DigitalElise
Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I loved this hotel. It is in an ideal location in Valparaiso, a very short walk away from restaurants, the port, and other attractions in the tourist area. There is free parking although it is about a 5-10 minute walk. I did not find that to be a problem as the walk was easy and interesting. The people that work there are helpful and friendly, we especially enjoyed the ladies that made our terrific breakfast every morning. There is a computer available for guests and also an "honesty cooler" with a selection of drinks both with and without alcohol. I read in previous reviews that room 10, which has a full bed and a twin bed, was too small but I thought it's size was fine. I did switch to room 10 after my initial booking, because I learned that the ceiling height in the twin up and down room was only 5'10" in the upper level and my husband is tall. The shower was small, but the bathroom was scrubbed daily and the room felt very clean. If possible, an upstairs room might be advisable as the rooms downstairs are right off the entryway and reception area. The hotel was quiet though, I brought ear plugs and didn't hear a thing at night. One thing that I did have that I needed was my voltage and outlet converter for my American appliances. I'm not sure if the hotel has any for guests to borrow. There is a good feeling in this hotel that is hard to explain. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BethWestern
Eindhoven, NL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

In a lovely old building halfway up Cerro Concepcion, this is a great little find. The rooms are characterful with (in our case) extraordinarily high ceilings - about 5m... The bathroom was a little small, and because of the extensive plumbing you have to wait a few minutes for hot water to make it through the pipes - but it's not a major issue as there is a sign warning you of this in advance. Just don't be in a hurry.

The 'honesty bar' in the communal sitting room is a nice touch, and the staff are very helpful and friendly, introducing themselves over breakfast, etc. The breakfast was easily the best of our 3-week trip to Chile and Argentina, with fresh fruit salad, and cheese/ham toasties, and scrambled eggs on top of the usual bred & jam if you have room...! Best taken on the little rooftop terrace.

There was contruction work in the street outside (mentioned in another reviiew), which didn't make it look that pretty from the outside, but that's only temporary (we were there end of Feb 2012), and we were offered a discount (unsolicited and unexpected) for the 'inconvenience'. As for getting luggage up the hill, take the ascensor up Cerro Concepcion, then it's downhill...

We loved Valparaiso, and the Da Vinci made it even more special.

Room Tip: It's an old house - don't expect ulta-modern facilities and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Before I checked into Hotel Da Vinci, I paid extra money to reserve a "premium" room. When I checked in I confirmed with the front desk that I was going to be given a "premium" room. Instead I was put in a closet without a window, airconditioning or even a basic fan. The room was stifflingly hot with no ventilation. I could not sleep which runied my next day in Valparaiso completely. Why the proprietor can not invest in a $20 fan for the guests he shoves in his wardrobe is beyond me. The next morning I could see that rooms in the front of the hotel were all larger than the more expensive "premium" room -- with windows opening onto the dusty road which is being dug up at present, Maybe the hotel thought they were doing me a favour by hiding me in their broom closet. I was not impressed.

Room Tip: If you book a "Premium" room, make sure you pack a fan in your bag. The night I stayed the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Vilvoorde, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

First impression of the hotel was a bit worrying.

Not only was the road open due to construction works, which made it difficult to get up the hill with the luggage, we didn't find the entrance door and once inside the hotel looked a bit old and outdated to us.

But that was only the first impression. Instead of an old & outdated hotel, the Da Vinci is actually a very nice boutique hotel with lots of small details that make your stay very pleasant.

Service at this hotel is fantastic. The reception was very helpful, the cleaning ladies - who also served breakfast - were the nicest people we met during our holiday (and generally we consider Chilean people to be very friendly already), the help-yourself "honesty" bar was full of cold drinks (just write down what you took for the charges), etc...

We really enjoyed our 3 days in the hotel. When coming back to Valpo, I'll take the same hotel again.

PS: when going to this hotel, please make sure to say "hi" to Giorgio & Giorgina", the two little birds on the top terrace.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st floor. The rooms on the ground floor may have some influence from the no...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank farstreet
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

Very neat and eclectic little hotel , the owner and staff were great and very very nice , if you want the Valparaiso experience this is a great place to stay .

• Stayed December 2011