Oda Pacifico
Ranked #86 of 466 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I had lunch there on a bright, sun shiny day. Our server, Sayed, pointed us in the direction of the day's seafood specials, which we chose, and both started with the ceviche. My wife had a fresh, clean Sauvignon Blanc and I a lightly oaked Chardonnay to accompany our respective choices. Dessert was a vanilla panna cotta drizzled with a blueberry/raspberry sauce. My espresso was the best coffee I've had so far in Chile.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Although from outside might look uninviting and empty, do enter and walk up to the terrace. Then you decide!!! The views are stunning and, in winter you'll find one or two fireplaces on, the music is calmed and combine perfectly with the scenery.
Tables looking for the bay and the lights of Valparaiso mirroring in the ocean waters do well for a romantic diner.
Sea food was fresh and perfectly cooked, seasoning good. Service kind. Presentation was nice. in winter ask especially for a specially hot plate (the only complain I may have)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am writing while still on the road, but really want to rave about Oda Pacifico. We arrived too early for dinner, but one of the staff arriving for work that night asked us to wait and said she would see what she could do. We only waited perhaps 20 minutes and the staff opened the doors to us - the only guests in sight.

The ambience was perfect - casual, yet candle-lit and beautifully appointed, with gorgeous views of the city lights. Our server helped us decide on a variety of items from the menu and even brought us sampler plates of items we had not ordered, yet he wanted us to try.

The food was exquisite. We all ordered fish - octopus to start, then for entrees we had "check fish" (which we think was grouper?), shrimp, and rock fish. Great variety of flavors and just the right amount. The pisco sours were good as well.

I would go back. I would take friends. This is a special place whose hospitality is warm and inviting. Don't hesitate to try it.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We travel a lot, (and we eat at restaurants a lot!), and this was our most satisfying meal throughout our trip to Chile. We did have one particular dish at another restaurant that was better, but for the overall experience, quality of food, etc., this was the restaurant we would go to again. We tried the other "top" restaurants on Trip Advisor, and this was our absolute favorite. Also, when talking to the locals as well as the tour guides, this was the restaurant they liked the most. We went for lunch and sat on the patio. The views were phenomenal. It was probably one of our most memorable parts of our trip to Chile. If there is one restaurant you go to, you MUST visit this restaurant!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We liked this restaurant we went twice out of our three nights in Valparaiso. Large menu selection, with brief English descriptions of dishes.