“Best food in Chile”

Ranked #92 of 450 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was the best food we had in Chile. I had a Tilapia in a curry coconut milk. It was delicious!! I would have to say one of the best restaurant experiences ever. Its a bit out of the way but worth the trip. The restaurant is more on the formal side.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

The view from Oda Pacifico is beautiful, and the wine is good, but of course, the restaurant created neither the view nor the wine. My travel companion and I ordered a shrimp and avocado salad, which was beautifully presented, but the avocado was so unripe, it had the consistency of gum eraser and had to be sent back. In Chile, where avocado is everywhere, only a truly incompetent kitchen could make this mistake. This did not bode well for the rest of the meal. For the second course, I had overcooked fish served with refrigerated, re-heated roasted potatoes (if you've ever had them, you know what they taste like) and partially-wilted and blemished spinach. I ate some of it because I was hungry, but left much on the plate. It was one of the most unappetizing meals I have had in years. My companion had a jaiba dish that was like mush. I can't remember the price of our meal, but it was the most expensive meal we had in 25 days in Chile and the WORST. Give me empanadas any day.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

After visiting La Chascona, we ate at this lovely restaurant. As at La Chascona, you have a view of virtually all of Valparaiso. I had an absolutely wonderful Seafood Merken. We visited on a Saturday around 2pm, no reservation needed. Popular with tourists, of course.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went to Oda Pacifico, because our guide Hector Medina made reservations for us. The place is fantastic, with a beautiful view from the top of Valparaiso. Besides the view, it is a beautiful restaurant, offering very good food and service. It is not listed in many tours, but if you have an opportunity to eat here, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were trying out a new restaurant today in Valparaiso, and this one came highly recommended.

Walking inside the restaurant I was extremely pleased by the pleasant decor and lighting, however my crappy half cooked but charcoal-ed octopus and horrible service turned it into a disappointing experience. Also, the waiter started a discussion with me when I pointed him out that the "entrada" which means starter, was supposed to come first instead of being served with the main meal. Instead of agreeing or offering his apologies, he started a discussion that this is the way things are in Chilean and that we should have pointed that out when ordering..... Not very customer friendly.

I have to say that the manager named Sandra was very nice and receptive for feedback, so I hope they will do something about it for the future.