“A very professional operation”
Review of Luna Sonrisa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valparaiso
Luna Sonrisa
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hostel is run by an experienced traveller, and author of several travel guides. You can tell, as it's very well setup with nice common areas and a welcome breakfast included. The staff speak good English which is rare in Chile (nothing wrong with no English, but it's a welcome surprise!). If I had any negative comments it would be that they could do with a few more showers as there are only 2 between all the non-ensuite guests so it gets a bit busy in the morning. Overall it's recommended though.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The staff are amazingly well informed, friendly, and really were on top of things! I had stayed in another hostel the prior week and had changed, at first I was worried that I was risking it to move to Luna, but after the first hr and beyond it was clear that this was an excellent decision. I absolutely love that the hostel had maps and reviewed some key things to do in Valpro. The room was fine, though the pillow was kinda stiff and gave me a little kink in my neck, but then again that night I had many mixed drinks so? Great location--I actually like the steep hill since I'm trying to cut some weight:) The hostel itself is great but the staff here made the hostel absolutely excellent!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed in a dorm here for a couple of nights in October, and I have to say on reflection (and in comparison to other hostels I've since been to), it was great value. I found the staff extremely informative and helpful - I'm sorry I forget her name, but the Colombian-Chilean girl took a super amount of time to orient us to the hostel and Valaparaiso - and the breakfast is included and fantastic (very healthy with different types of breads, yoghurts etc.) I only stayed in a dorm, but it was well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Luna Sonrisa is in a great location in the 'boho' district and in the streets nearby there's a fantastic selection of bars, restaurants, cafe's and shops.

After the initial welcome that we received from a very helpful and enthusiastic member of the team on our arrival at 10pm, the service we received was impersonal and average.

It's ok.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Very efficiently run hostel. Great location on Cerro Allegre. One of the best included breakfasts I've had on my travels. Very helpful and knowledgable staff, can help you arrange tours to wine region and Isla Negra.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Located at the top of Templeman St in the main hostel area this is a pleasant and friendly hostel. The receptionists are extremely helpful and will fill a local map with all the places to see and things to do, as well as the areas to steer clear of after dark.
The breakfast is excellent with both white and dark bread, fruit, jams and goats cheese.
A easy to meet 12pm check out time and the rooms and bathrooms are kept super clean.
Wifi is really fast and there is free access to a computer in the main room downstairs.
The only downside of this hostel is it is loud. Don't expect an easy sleep in or bring some earplugs as if you are on the ground floor you will be awoken at breakfast time with people walking up and down the stairs of this beautifully restored house.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jahmahson
Reviewed September 21, 2012

A nice hostal with good service. For breakfast they always have two kinds of jam, cheese, bread and fresh fruits (e.g. bananas, kiwis,...). Tea and coffee are also included.
The location is at Cerro Alegre, directly in the heart of the UNESCO world heritage.

• Stayed: July 2012